Bartone Exhaust

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

sfarringer

Re: Bartone Exhaust

Post by sfarringer »

canav8 wrote:Folks, I tried to answer Doug States question. I have no intention of self promotion and sorry if it sounded that way. Anyone wishing to know more information can contact me. I will be removing the post since George Horn stated other members complained that I was self promoting via personal message I hate those self promotors as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I regret that you got "convinced" to delete your post.
Whether or not I end up buying your STC, I still found it interesting information, and don't understand the negativity that it inspired.
Ragwing S/N 18073
canav8

Post by canav8 »

hilltop170 wrote:I have no way to calculate it but there is thrust in the exhaust stream. Pointing down and aft, that thrust has to help.

Doug, did the increase in engine output with your stacks cause any increase in static engine rpm? That might be hard to determine on the dyno, not sure how it was tested.
Fuel flow increase.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

Doug, I agree with the others who were not offended by your post. I found it to be an honest attempt to answer the first poster's question(s), and to be very informative. It was one of the best summaries of the pros and cons I've seen so far. I know that you are working hard to get it right on the Bartone exhausts. Thanks for all you are doing.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

The REASON I PM’d Doug was to communicate in PRIVATE ....what a hazardous area that discussions SOMETIMES enter. I was not intending Doug to remove his previous answers or posts. ... or to go public with the pvt msg, thereby instigating a controversy.

In-fact, Doug PM’d ME asking me to delete his post and I answered thusly: “ No, No.... I’m not meaning what you’ve already posted. I think you’re doing just fine. I’m just letting you know that we get lots of critics on the site and please be careful.”

Now I see Doug has personally deleted his own post. That post was just fine, IMO. I only wanted to avoid the vociferous attacks some people seem determined to make when these sort of discussions pop-up.

This SUB-discussion ...inside the actual topic.... is another degradation of the purpose of these forums, so Let’s please not dive down into that stuff, OK?

Now, back to our regular station programming....
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
canav8

Post by canav8 »

With numerous requests for information, if it is okay with Bruce and George, I will repost the post in the trademart for others to see. Sound good? D
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Sounds good to me Doug.

Here is a trick. Make a copy of your text by coping and pasting to a Word (or similar) document. Save any photos with it in separate jpg files. Ads are automatically pruned from the TradeMart at 3 months time. Beside using your text to send to other request for info, you can just copy & paste a new listing when the old one disappears.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

canav8 wrote:With numerous requests for information, if it is okay with Bruce and George, I will repost the post in the trademart for others to see. Sound good? D
That is a GREAT solution! Simple fact: You’re offering something for sale,... You’re a Member in good standing... you have the benefit of listing what 170-applicable stuff you have to sell.. you can answer questions there.... It is exactly what TradeMart is for. :D
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
floatplaneflyer

Post by floatplaneflyer »

I got the exhaust mocked up yesterday on the new engine. Fit is fabulous and instructions were excellent. Took a couple pics... More when it's completely in. These are of the new rear mount.
exhaust3.jpg
exhaust2.jpg
exhaust1.jpg
'53 170B N3134A #25778
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Looking good Harmon!
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
mkraynick

Post by mkraynick »

How does someone get in touch with Doug Mueller to get a set of pipes?
4583C

Post by 4583C »

mkraynick wrote:How does someone get in touch with Doug Mueller to get a set of pipes?
Go up a few posts to one by “canvas8”
Look under his user name and tap the button that has PM that will let you send a private message to Doug.
mkraynick

Post by mkraynick »

Anybody had any contact with Doug Mueller for the extension pipes? Would love to buy a set. Website definitely not working.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

mkraynick wrote:Anybody had any contact with Doug Mueller for the extension pipes? Would love to buy a set. Website definitely not working.
I called and talked directly with Doug only a few months ago. My discussion centered around the matter that if you have the AN2552 “ground service” plug installed as depicted in the IPC that the “Bartone Exhaust” pipes will interfere and prevent use of the ground service receptacle.

Doug contact info is listed in the 2021 Membership Directory (Nevada)