SCS interiors

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

akahrs757

SCS interiors

Post by akahrs757 »

Does anybody have any experience using the SCS pre-cut carpet or vinyl kit?

https://scs-interiors.com/collections/cessna-170

In general I am looking to do a new interior on my 50' A model.

Thanks,

Andy
mitchw4

Re: SCS interiors

Post by mitchw4 »

Hi Andy,

I re did the interior on my '51 this fall and ordered the pre cut carpet. Fit was good, nice quality product. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Newkentboy

Re: SCS interiors

Post by Newkentboy »

I put down the vinyl with the foam backing on my 170B last month. I was reluctant to do it at first as I’m not very mechanically inclined and usually would just as soon pay someone to do it right. I ordered the pre-cut vinyl with the finished edge. I had metal plates under my feet on the carpet and wanted to retain those. I also had to cut out the foam (which I did first) then the vinyl for a newly installed folding seat rail. The whole installation went very nicely. It took me about 4 hours working alone. I did not use any Velcro to hold it down yet as it doesn’t seem to need it yet. It will need a little on the strips just inside the door. SCS sends along a pre-cut piece of carpet to closely match the vinyl for the tunnel cover. My prior carpet was red as are my side panels so I left my existing red tunnel cover in place. That probably saved about an hour on the installation. Also, I did not (yet) cut the vinyl any where along its length. That is, it’s all one piece. Eventually I will cut it, likely under the pilot seat so that I can gain easier access to the inspection holes in the floor. I’m very pleased with the overall look. SCS did a really nice job of pre-cutting the vinyl to easily fit a 170 B.