Cessna oil filter adapter

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

piclr60

Cessna oil filter adapter

Post by piclr60 »

Good Morning.
I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to get quality answers to. I have a cessna oil filter adapter on my 0300. The log books only state they installed a full flow oil filter and the date. I cant come up with info related to model and applicability. I cant seem to find documentation for the adapter on an 0300 but i see other models.

Does anyone have documentation for a cessna adapter on an 0-300 or instillation instructions?

I have been reading some articles about the oil pressure loss during flight and saw the article a while back in the 170 magazine related to the other filter adapters to replace the crush washers. This got me thinking about my instillation and the fact i have fought an annoying oil leak for years. I've checked all the normal culprits and really only have my oil filter adapter left. After a flight i always have oil on the lip of the oil filter. The longer the flight obviously the more oil. More of a pain to wipe than anything. Never had any oil pressure issues or concerns.

Thoughts?
GAHorn

Re: Cessna oil filter adapter

Post by GAHorn »

Do you... Are you... CERTAIN... it's a "Cessna" oil filter adapter..?
OR.. Is it an oil filter adapter for CESSNA AIRPLANES?
AND IF THE LATTER.... Is it for a Continental? A Lycoming? Or other?

And if for a Continental, is it a F-M Enterprises/ El Reno/ Tempest..??
Or an AirWolf? Or some other...?

Do you see how your question should be refined?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

If yours looks like the one on the recent article by Karl Towle, it isn’t a Cessna Adapter but is a CO-300 from Tempest, previously marketed by El Reno and F&M. The Cessna adapter is altogether different. Here is the service bulletin on the CO-300: https://tempestplus.com/wp-content/uplo ... _Rev-B.pdf
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

Brad,
I think most of the documentation the Association has on the Cessna oil filter adapter is found here.
Gary
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

In reference to my earlier post about a “Cessna oil filter adapter”….. here’s a dwg of a genuine “Cessna Oil Filter Adapter”.
CBD31546-0B50-4A38-A10D-95797CF80B4B.png
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)