the progressing future

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ghostflyer

the progressing future

Post by ghostflyer »

Batteries have been in discussion before but we are in changing times . my aircraft originally came with one of those pink things that were called a battery . This was tossed out and a concord battery has been fitted and used for many years . The concord batteries gave very good service . Then odyssey batteries were used and I chewed through 2 of them in 3 years . The odyssey batteries doesn’t like doing very hot weather starts . Then the Van RV lads on my airfield started using Earth X batteries . I watched for about 12 months and asked a lot of silly questions of how these batteries were performing . some of these batteries [lithium types] are now FAA approved and have STC,s . Some of the Urban myths that surround this type of technology is very amusing. so I purchased a EarthX battery [ETX 900 ] that’s suitable for a Lycoming IO-540 engine . I made application to our aviation authority and received approval to fit to my aircraft .In my application i made a comparisons charts of the batteries and their performance . will keep you posted on its performance and longevity.
Vertical

Re: the progressing future

Post by Vertical »

Watching