Hooker seat belts

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

lowNslow

Hooker seat belts

Post by lowNslow »

It was mentioned on that "other" forum that Hooker was going to come up with some prices for their retractable seat belts at Sun'N'Fun. Did any of you that went happen to talk to them about this?
skylking

Retractable Seatbelts

Post by skylking »

I spoke with Jack Hooker at Sun-N-Fun concerning the retractable seatbelts that I heard he was developing. He said that they were complete except for the paperwork and should be introduced at Oshkosh. The price he mentioned was somewhere around $375 each, meaning each side.
zero.one.victor

harnesses

Post by zero.one.victor »

I really like the BAS harnesses,I've looked at them closely & they're top quality. But they ain't cheap. The last pricing info I have written down here (from 2000) sez they're about $875 a pair. they've probably gone up since then,so the Hookers at around $750 a pair look like a pretty good deal,provided the quality's there. I never seen a set of hooker harnesses,so I can't say......

Eric
aileron170b

Hooker -v- BAS seatbelts

Post by aileron170b »

I just had installed the BAS inertia reel harness. They look great, though I have no comparison with Hooker. BAS does, however, give a discount to 170 assc members (at least last year he did). Helps the bite a bit.

Note: When installing, be sure not to do what I did, which was stuff the belts up into the fabric headliner when a determination had to be made as to where to make the slit in the fabric for the feed through. I stuffed the belts up there, zipped it up and determined the location for THE cut (ouch). Then when I pulled out the seatbelts, there was black grease on them which picked up from the aileron pulleys. Got most of it out, but it was ghastly especially since I had no one to blame but myself!!

Very nice installation.