Bolt Kit for a 170

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ghostflyer

Re: Bolt Kit for a 170

Post by ghostflyer »

A number of years ago when I was assembling my aircraft [ a expensive project ] I could not obtain the correct bolts for fitment of the tail plane assembly any where . I contacted Cessna and explained my situation and made “suggestions of alternate bolts’’. Cessna came back to me that they could sell the correct bolt “kit” to me at a rate that I was reaching for my heart pills. But they supplied some data to me about what happens if you use the wrong bolts eg AN bolts etc. There were photos of failures etc . All I can strongly suggest ,fit the correct bolts and washers and assemble it correctly and inspect the area with at least 10+ magnify glass. When I do my 100hrly this area is very vigorously and detailed inspected by me .
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Del-
I would be interested in one of those hardware replacement kits. So that makes two of us so far.

I don’t think I need one right now since you went completely thru my plane in 2008/9 but I may in another few years.

This is too good of an offer to pass up even if I don’t ever need it.

Thanks for the offer to help and I would think every owner would want one of those kits just in case!

Oops! Just noticed Del’s offer was from 2009! Probably past the expiration date on his offer but I’m still in if it’s still good.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Isn’t it just wonderful that attorneys interject themselves into business-owners’ plans primarily with reasons business should NOT be conducted….. instead of offering solutions as to How to ACCOMPLISH the desired ends…. :roll:

I would think that since the hardware “kit” being offered is actually only a re-distribution of another companys’ product that no liability of manufacture would accrue to a distributor of those parts…. and that any “instructions” could simply be offered as “this is how I would do this, your methods should be those that follow Cessna and FAA procedures.” :|

(It’s easy for me to hold this opinion because my airplane came with a spare set of the proper NOS bolts/nuts/washers.) 8)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)