Wanted Garmin 250XL

Where TIC170A members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
Guests and forum participants are welcome to view posts in this area but one must be TIC170A member to post an ad here - -Why Join the TIC170A - - How to Join the TIC170A

Wanted Garmin 250XL

Postby GAHorn » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:17 pm

I want a spare Garmin 250XL if you have one that’s not a boat anchor, priced according to condition and database date.

Recommend a PM to me or my email: gahorn at Cessna170.org

Please indicate price, DB-date, and a pic if possible.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Re: Wanted Garmin 250XL

Postby cessna170bdriver » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:18 am

George, the folks at Steinair can provide a used avionics escrow service, where the seller sends them a piece of equipment, they function check it and, if it passes, pass it on to the buyer and complete the financial transaction between the two parties. I’ve never used that service myself but there seems to be plenty of satisfied customers on Vans Air Force. I don’t know if they can provide a yellow tag or not, and I don’t know how old of equipment they can handle, but it wouldn’t cost you anything to find out.
Miles
cessna170bdriver

Re: Wanted Garmin 250XL

Postby GAHorn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:48 pm

cessna170bdriver wrote:George, the folks at Steinair can provide a used avionics escrow service, where the seller sends them a piece of equipment, they function check it and, if it passes, pass it on to the buyer and complete the financial transaction between the two parties. I’ve never used that service myself but there seems to be plenty of satisfied customers on Vans Air Force. I don’t know if they can provide a yellow tag or not, and I don’t know how old of equipment they can handle, but it wouldn’t cost you anything to find out.

Thanks, Miles. I know of several avionics-oriented businesses who do similarly, but I’m shopping cheaper than that (don’t desire a middle-man) and trust our fellow Members to tell me about condition, plus all I have to do is slide-it-in my existing rack to check it out. Thanks for the tip, however.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Return to The TradeMart