Found a 170B for sale

Where TIC170A members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
Guests and forum participants are welcome to view posts in this area but one must be TIC170A member to post an ad here - -Why Join the TIC170A - - How to Join the TIC170A

Found a 170B for sale

Postby flyingredyeti » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:31 am

I don't know how appropriate the following is or not. Given the numerous posters in search of a 170 lately, I figured I would point out that I recently noticed a very pretty B-model for sale at Merrill Field (PAMR). I took a closer look today, and she's very clean. I don't know the owner, nor what the asking price is, but I copied down her tail number: N2809C. If someone is especially interested, I could probably grab the phone number off the sign on the door, when I'm free.

Good luck.

-Joshua
First time aircraft owner: '26C A gleaming Cessna 170B with 180 horsepower: the perfect mechanical bird.
flyingredyeti

Re: Found a 170B for sale

Postby rpcoffman » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:22 am

I am still looking. If it's convenient, I would love the number. Bob Coffman
rpcoffman

Postby flyingredyeti » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:47 am

Sure, I'll try to swing by tomorrow.

-Joshua
First time aircraft owner: '26C A gleaming Cessna 170B with 180 horsepower: the perfect mechanical bird.
flyingredyeti

Postby flyingredyeti » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 am

I did grab the numbers listed on this aircraft yesterday, but figured I would call & get approval to post them here before doing so. The numbers listed are not the owner's, but a friend of theirs who posted the signs while the owner is out of town for medical reasons. The fella I spoke with preferred to confer with the owner before giving the okay to post numbers here, as he stated he did not "want to deal with it". I asked him to call back when he got a reply, but that's all I have for now- sorry about that. Nevertheless, the aircraft is tied down at PAMR, on S. Charlie. Feel free to take a look, or get a buddy to do so. She is a clean looking bird.
flyingredyeti

Postby rpcoffman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 am

Thanks
rpcoffman

Postby flyingredyeti » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 am

Well, I stopped by again today to grab the number for a friend and ran into the fella that just purchased her. Story is, he was looking for a 180/185, heard about this B-model and came right over to take a look. He called the owner (who just got back to town, it seems), had the pre- buy done at Spernak's, made an offer, and got the keys. All of this occurred in the course of . . today! Nice guy, and it seems to me he and this aircraft are a good match for each other. Hopefully he joins the association.

Good luck with the hunt, these treasures are going quickly.

-Joshua
flyingredyeti

Return to The TradeMart