Concorde RG25 XC sealed

Where TIC170A members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
Guests and forum participants are welcome to view posts in this area but one must be TIC170A member to post an ad here - -Why Join the TIC170A - - How to Join the TIC170A

Concorde RG25 XC sealed

Postby rupertjl » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:45 am

I was lucky this year at OSH and won an Odessey SBJ-16 battery by dropping my card in a box. I just purchased a new Concorde RG25XC battery and wondered if anyone local to central PA is in need of a battery that has 3-4 starts since installation and is kept on the Battery Minder for the Concorde sealed batteries. I bought it new from Spruce in June for $346. Didn't want the hassle of trying to ship a battery again but would be willing to fly in within a reasonable distance or if you fly into KIPT you could pick it up. I'd like to get $250 for it if possible.
I need to get the F.Atlee Dodge battery box STC to install the new battery so i wouldn't be able to give it up until i get that shipped.
1950 170A: N9191A s/n 19366
rupertjl

Re: Concorde RG25 XC sealed

Postby GAHorn » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 am

Dang! I need a new battery…but I’m in Tx.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Postby rupertjl » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:59 pm

George,

I guess if its worth the hassle, I could ship. I still have all the original boxing (I think). Let me look into to see how much it would be from 17701 zip to TX.
1950 170A: N9191A s/n 19366
rupertjl

Postby ghostflyer » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:49 am

I “used” to be a fan of Odessey batteries and after having 2 in quick succession and talking to the Van guys on the airfield , they had similar issues as me with the oddessey. I am sticking to concord batteries . The odessey batteries are good for about 230 hours and then issues start . I thought it was my voltage regulator but that tested servicable . Due to the lack of supply ,I was unable to obtain a concord battery [ i refuse to even think of putting one of those “pink boxs” in my aircraft ]. i resorted to using a lead acid battery out of a small car . This has worked well for the last 6 months but have to return it to my wife’s car . She keeps complaining that the battery that’s in her car now keeps going “flat” it’s a old battery we had in the hangar for the soldering iron. i found the oddessay battery could turn the prop over easily on the first compression stroke but failed on the second stroke draw and often caused kick back. However saying that the oddessey battery is good for your lawn tractor .
ghostflyer

Return to The TradeMart