Buried treasure

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Buried treasure

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Went digging today at the Cessna support site. Gary had told me a while back they had some of the SK and AK instructions there.

Was looking for AK 7053-5 which is the instructions for installing a manifold pressure gauge. I'm about to do this and I thought what the heck, why reinvent the wheel. I'll do it like Cessna did.

Well I didn't find that AK but while looking at the others there I opened the AK for front shoulder harnesses in the 170. Most of these AKs are just a parts list with one or two of them listing instructions as part of the list but not actually having any instructions in the pdf. This one was different but what do we have here on page two and three.

Not shoulder harness installation directions but Goodyear brake kit installation instructions on page two and AK 70A52-1 Wheel pant instructions on page three. SCORE. Apparently accidentally scanned with the shoulder harness paper.

I realize there are only a few of us still running cross-wind gear but I always wondered if mine was installed right and what I'd do if someone (FAA) wanted to see how we were maintaining them if we didn't know how they were to be installed. Now I have the instructions.

How many out there with wheel pants installed have those installation instructions? Now you can have them.

Both are in our library.

Finding this lost stuff and discovering new things we didn't know (or forgot) about these 60 something year old planes just makes my day.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com