AUTOPILOT

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Jimmyjoster

Re: AUTOPILOT

Post by Jimmyjoster »

I talked to the installer at stc group yesterday. He is supposed to be contacting me with some prices and I'll post something after he gets back to me. I'm willing to take my plane there but I'm hoping I can get some folks to help out with the R&D Fees. It should be affordable for everyone that way.
salimyzadeh

Post by salimyzadeh »

Have there been any updates on this STC?
Jimmyjoster

Post by Jimmyjoster »

I haven’t seen anything from stc group that indicates any movement. I did however see on garmin’s website that the 170b is on the list for gfc500 stc for next 12 months as posted below:

GFC 500 Certification Programs Planned to Begin in the Next 12-months:

(Not currently under development and subject to change.)

Cessna 170
Models: 170B

It would be a dream come true considering I already have dual g5s.
I submitted interest to Garmin last year. Seems to have helped.
Coolin170

Post by Coolin170 »

Looking at the November 2023 issue of "Flyings Aircraft for Sale" issue, looks like Garmin has GFC500 certification program in progress?
New panel in a 170 with just installed A/P.
New panel.jpg
Garmin GFC500.jpg
dstates

Post by dstates »

This plane was at Garmin’s booth at Oshkosh. I spoke to the Garmin autopilot program manager there. That plane has a space waiting for the autopilot panel, but Garmin had not started the 170 certification program yet. This plane owner is just “ready to go”. Garmin plans on getting an STC for the 170B. I requested they add the 170A, but I’m not sure how likely that is since there are flight control cable routing differences and dihedral and flap differences. He told me that those differences would constitute a complete additional approval program.
N1235D - 1951 170A - SN: 20118