There comes a time ....

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

tigger

There comes a time ....

Post by tigger »

After 32 years of ownership and flying 1493D, our C-170A, and after numerous medical issues, it became evident that I would never qualify for an airman’s medical again. As 93 Delta was like part of the family, I couldn’t imagine ever selling her, so consequently, she was sitting in my hangar seldom being flown. A local high-time commercial pilot started flying it and fell in love with it. I realized it was better for the plane to be flown than sitting in the hangar. After much internal hesitation and turmoil, I sold it to him. He is now flying it more in one month than I did in the last several years. If he’s not flying King Airs, he’s flying 93D, planning a trip, or upgrading the panel. This summer it’s been to Wyoming and Idaho. I encouraged him to join the C-170 Association, and he’s now a new member.

In summary, flying has been an important part of my life, providing joys I’ll never forget…flying over 200 Young Eagles, approximately 20 flights to Airventure Oshkosh with friends, camping under the wing on the flight line, flying to Petit Jean mountain for the C-170 Association Fly-In, and flying all seven of my grandchildren. I hope the new owner, Mark Jobe, enjoys it and gains as much knowledge from the C-170 Association forum as I have. I will probably still be lurking on the forum now and then!

Lanny Crawford (tigger)
Jefferson City, MO
Attachments
IMG_1486.jpg
cessna170bdriver

Re: There comes a time ....

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Sorry to hear of your medical issues Lanny, but glad to hear you’ve found a new caretaker for 93C. Sounds like he’s going to enjoy and take care of her as much as you did.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
tigger

Re: There comes a time ....

Post by tigger »

Miles, I'm sure glad that 98C is looking better than it did when I took this picture of it at the Creve Coeur Convention.
Lanny
Attachments
IMG_0023 (1).jpg