Humor of Sorts

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

Humor of Sorts

Post by 170C »

Many yrs ago I became annoyed by the lack of an opening window in my '56 172. I discussed this with 170 Assn co-founder John Benham and as John was known to do, he attended an auction and spotted two Cessna 172 doors which he purchased for me. I had my then mechanic replace the original doors with the new ones and install John's modern Cessna door latches stc. Certainly no parts traceability so have no knowledge of what yr model the doors came from. I had a new interior installed in 2001 and had not had any occasion to remove the interior upholstered panel until last week. I installed Door Stewards and on the passenger door I needed to remove the panel to access the item which the latch goes on when closing the window. (That panel doesn't have to be removed to install the Door Stewards) I had a small air leak and wanted to put a shim under it to make the window tighter. Upon removing the panel there was a message written on the back side of the panel, dated in 1982 that said,"If anyone ever attempts to replace the upholstery be sure to have a large list of cuss words available" and he signed his name.
I didn't see why replacing that upholstery would be that difficult and the man who put mine on in 2001 didn't make any comment as to its difficulty. Just thought that was funny. Now I wonder what is on the pilots door panel :lol: I might have said the same thing about removing the fuel control valve or removing the fuel tanks.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
eskflyer

Re: Humor of Sorts

Post by eskflyer »

Now thats funny Mr. I hope to make it back down there to visit yalllll again some day.

JP
In the Spam can N170AK
AA16, SHORTWING and SPAMCAN FLYER, JP
GAHorn

Re: Humor of Sorts

Post by GAHorn »

Finding a hidden message reminds me of this:
Our deceased former Member Bob Edmondson and I used to hunt deer in East Texas along the Neches river. The Game Warden in the area visited our campsite one year and made his customary inspection....which was very short since we’d had no “success” as of yet... and he reflected a story where some hunter, a dentist by trade, had experienced two instances in which he’d shot a deer and walked quite some distance away to get his vehicle and return to harvest the deer..... only to find that a local poacher had laid claim to the carcass, having already strung the deer up and was in the process of butchering it.
The subsequent year the game warden was called by the dentist to come to the scene, where the dentist claimed that a local woodsman was attempting to steal the dentist’s deer. When the warden met up with the dentist on a country road the dentist wished to file an official complaint and asked the warden to arrest the accused.
The game warden didn’t believe it likely the dentist could press his case because of the difficulty of proving which of the claimants had actually shot the deer, but the warden did accompany the dentist to the kill-site thinking he would at least require the local to display a valid hunting license. But when they arrived at the site, the other claimant of the deer had nearly completed quartering and skinning the deer, quite confident in his right to the animal, and he also had a valid hunting license ...and he’d even properly attached the “tag” from his license to the antlers of the deer. The warden could find no reason to act upon the claim the dentist made that the deer was being stolen from him.... until the dentist whispered something in the warden’s ear...
To the chagrin of the local woodsman, the Game Warden then went over to the deer’s head which was apparently being saved by the local for mounting,.... The Warden then opened the deer’s mouth and lifted the tongue to find beneath the tongue the dentist’s business-card with the words written upon it “Not THIS time, THIEF!”
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)