Aaron and other Members messaging system on the TIc170 forum

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

canav8

Aaron and other Members messaging system on the TIc170 forum

Post by canav8 »

To the new members.
The messaging system works good but has a huge limitation.
You cannot receive responses from other members unless you remove old messages on your account. The limit is 10.

To the member:Aaron who is trying to solicit flight training. Your inbox is full and there are messages waiting for you. To others if you sent a message to someone and the message you sent is still in the “Outbox” that means the recipients inbox is full. Hope that helps.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
Aaron

Re: Aaron and other Members messaging system on the TIc170 f

Post by Aaron »

Hi Doug thanks for the reminder. I think there is something else causing it to be in outbox. Maybe it is there until it is read? I was at 4/10 and your message came in ok. I replied and now the reply is in my outbox.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Aaron wrote:Hi Doug thanks for the reminder. I think there is something else causing it to be in outbox. Maybe it is there until it is read? I was at 4/10 and your message came in ok. I replied and now the reply is in my outbox.
I believe that is correct. It’s also possible to go to your settings and create additional inboxes and change the number of msgs being stored.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Send messages remain in your outbox until they are read by the recipient. Once opened by the recipient, they will disappear from your outbox.

Messages sent to a full outbox will remain in queue in your outbox (because they can't be read) until the recipient removes messages from his inbox. As soon as there is room in the indox the messages waiting will fill the inbox.

You do not have to delete messages you want to keep from your inbox. You can create a Saved Messages folder and move them there. As an alternate you can change the behavior of your inbox so that if your box is full it will delete the oldest message though I don't know how desirable that would be. Click on Rules, folders and settings at the bottom of the left column to do any of this.
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 8.16.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 8.16.27 AM.png (17.06 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com