SUN 'n FUN 2021

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

dstates

SUN 'n FUN 2021

Post by dstates »

I'm stuck inside right now staring out at the cold and snow outside of my window. I'm thinking about going somewhere warm and starting to plan a trip to SUN 'n FUN in my 170. I've attended Airventure many times and camped by my airplane enough to know where I would want to park/camp (although I haven't been with my 170 yet in order to camp in Vintage). However, I've never attended SUN 'n FUN. I'm considering camping by my plane, but the SUN 'n FUN website doesn't have a good map showing airplane camping and where other items are like showers. I'd rather not have to tromp across the grounds to get from my tent to a shower house. For those of you who have attended and camped, do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Doug

https://flysnf.org/
N1235D - 1951 170A - SN: 20118
GAHorn

Re: SUN 'n FUN 2021

Post by GAHorn »

Doug, I haven’t attended either, but you might contact fellow Member Dale Faux, as he used to be active in Hosting that venue... I don’t know if he still does or not...but he’d likely know the routine, and maybe have a recommendation...maybe even an “inside” track.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Richgj3

Post by Richgj3 »

I have been there and camped several times. If you are in your 170 you will be parked in antique/classic which is very close to everything. It’s the area just east of the antique/classic HQ building. Good shower facilities there. All this, unless something has changed.

If you camp with a “modern” airplane then you will be at the far west end off the airport, past the end of the runway. There are showers there too, and it is walkable to show center from there. Also there is a small general store out that way.

All this based upon my experience several years ago, so take that into consideration.
Rich Giannotti CFI-A. CFI-I SE.
1952 C170B
N2444D s/n 20596
KFS1998

Post by KFS1998 »

Im planning on attending SNF this year. Hopefully i will be a new C170 owner by then.
Future C170 Owner
Miami, FL ( TMB )
TIC170A - 10697
ATP / CFI - Airplane / Glider
FAASTEAM Lead Representative