Stoopid is as Stoopid does

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Stoopid is as Stoopid does

Postby GAHorn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Not the First Time this person has thought themself immune from consequences:

It’s unfortunate AOPA has produced an article selectively-informative without the Entirety instead of one meant to portray her as innocuous

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... es-revoked

The AvWeb version includes charges she turned her ADS-B/Txdr off to avoid detection....which didn’t work.... and the flight was recorded on security cameras on the bridge.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/bri ... evocation/

If true, it will not be the first time she’s deliberately and dishonestly misrepresented herself, even within her own writings.

None of us are likely immune from breaking rules but being found-out should be seen as a certainty these day.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Re: Stoopid is as Stoopid does

Postby counsellj » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:25 pm

This is kinda old news. Two months ago for the article from AOPA. Is there something new to add?
counsellj

Postby IA DPE » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 am

I'm certainly guilty of having made a few poor choices in life and aviation. I try to minimize them and to resist temptation to "grand stand."

When I became an Examiner I was specifically told that I would be held to a high(er) standard and should I "pull a stunt" such as a "buzz job" I'd be made an example of. Fair enough- I guess it goes with the territory.

I suspect that her penalty was magnified by being a former FAA Inspector and Examiner- someone who absolutely knows better. Having a popular column in a widely circulated trade magazine didn't help. The FAA is setting an example of what can happen to pilots who intentionally disregard FARs and common sense. I guess that too goes with the territory.
1955 C170B N2993D s/n 26936
http://www.iadpe.com
IA DPE

Postby johneeb » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 am

Reminds me of Arthur Godfrey.
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
johneeb

Postby bsdunek » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Guess I don't feel very sorry for her. She, with all her experience, knew it was wrong and the implications of it. Guess Satan gave her a little push. Otherwise, sounds like she's had a great career and helped a lot of people. Hope she can get her Private back, or maybe BasicMed.
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C
bsdunek

Return to The Pilot Lounge