Stoopid is as Stoopid does

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Stoopid is as Stoopid does

Post by GAHorn »

Not the First Time this person has thought themself immune from consequences:

It’s unfortunate AOPA has produced an article selectively-informative without the Entirety instead of one meant to portray her as innocuous

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... es-revoked

The AvWeb version includes charges she turned her ADS-B/Txdr off to avoid detection....which didn’t work.... and the flight was recorded on security cameras on the bridge.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/bri ... evocation/

If true, it will not be the first time she’s deliberately and dishonestly misrepresented herself, even within her own writings.

None of us are likely immune from breaking rules but being found-out should be seen as a certainty these day.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
counsellj

Re: Stoopid is as Stoopid does

Post by counsellj »

This is kinda old news. Two months ago for the article from AOPA. Is there something new to add?
IA DPE

Post by IA DPE »

I'm certainly guilty of having made a few poor choices in life and aviation. I try to minimize them and to resist temptation to "grand stand."

When I became an Examiner I was specifically told that I would be held to a high(er) standard and should I "pull a stunt" such as a "buzz job" I'd be made an example of. Fair enough- I guess it goes with the territory.

I suspect that her penalty was magnified by being a former FAA Inspector and Examiner- someone who absolutely knows better. Having a popular column in a widely circulated trade magazine didn't help. The FAA is setting an example of what can happen to pilots who intentionally disregard FARs and common sense. I guess that too goes with the territory.
1955 C170B N2993D s/n 26936
1986 DG-400 N9966C
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Reminds me of Arthur Godfrey.
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
bsdunek

Post by bsdunek »

Guess I don't feel very sorry for her. She, with all her experience, knew it was wrong and the implications of it. Guess Satan gave her a little push. Otherwise, sounds like she's had a great career and helped a lot of people. Hope she can get her Private back, or maybe BasicMed.
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C
c170taildragger

Post by c170taildragger »

Yup. You can only do stuff like that if the FAA says you can! Beede jet thru the hangar?? Guess that wasn’t stoopid
Did she hurt any one? Nope! Was it stoopid or give other people idea? Probably, but the penalty was way out of bounds as far as I was concerned! Nuff said!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If the FAA had given her only a slap-on-the-wrist it would have looked like they were favoring one-of-their-own….. and she should have known better.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
falco

Post by falco »

Seen at the High Sierra Fly In last week... FREE MARTHA LUNKEN on a T-Shirt

made me laugh anyway...

and cough up dust...