New Member from Ireland

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Johnaero

New Member from Ireland

Post by Johnaero »

Good evening and thank you for letting m hoping the group

I am looking at helping a friend of mine who is in his later years of life restore an old Cessna

I had been looking at this forum as I know other members have gone through turning and Irish Cert of Air Worthiness into an Irish permit to fly (similar to experimental in USA)

As I am new to all this I said I would join what seems to be a friendly and helpful forum

Safe flying

John
GAHorn

Re: New Member from Ireland

Post by GAHorn »

WELCOME!, John!
As you’ve already discovered…YES …we have Members and Participants on the Emerald Isle!* Please keep us posted on your project and I hope we can prove helpful!
Again, WELCOME!

* Here’s a link to one project: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15671&hilit=permit+to+fly
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Johnaero

Post by Johnaero »

thank you for the link, this was the project that I spotted some time back that drew me to the prospect of putting a 182/180 on a permit to fly in Ireland.

Very good friend mine has a c140 that's on a permit however the paperwork was done before his ownership.

Once I know more I will put more info up regarding the project

My big question is where do people find the drawings and specs for their aircraft, its easy say replace skin and re rivet together however be nice make sure I am replacing like for like.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

The drawings and production blueprints (in the case of Cessna) are owned by Cessna (now a unit within Textron). While Cessna will “loan” an individual drawing/blueprint for a “fee”…. Many of the documents of discontinued models (i.e. 120/140/150/170) prior to 1986 were reportedly “lost” in the corporate metamorphosis through General Dynamics re-start of production ten years later. A very few drawings of various parts/systems are in our library or held by individual Members, but nothing large-scale.
If you need a specific drawing I suggest you make your wishes known at the “type clubs” and also contact Textron Technical Support “Piston Hotline” : Ph: +1 316-517-1700 email: piston_support@txtav.com
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
Johnaero

Post by Johnaero »

GAHorn wrote:The drawings and production blueprints (in the case of Cessna) are owned by Cessna (now a unit within Textron). While Cessna will “loan” an individual drawing/blueprint for a “fee”…. Many of the documents of discontinued models (i.e. 120/140/150/170) prior to 1986 were reportedly “lost” in the corporate metamorphosis through General Dynamics re-start of production ten years later. A very few drawings of various parts/systems are in our library or held by individual Members, but nothing large-scale.
If you need a specific drawing I suggest you make your wishes known at the “type clubs” and also contact Textron Technical Support “Piston Hotline” : Ph: +1 316-517-1700 email: piston_support@txtav.com
perfect thank you very much.

I will start compiling what parts i have over the next few weeks and get the documentation sorted and work from there.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Johnaero wrote:
GAHorn wrote:The drawings and production blueprints (in the case of Cessna) are owned by Cessna (now a unit within Textron). While Cessna will “loan” an individual drawing/blueprint for a “fee”…. Many of the documents of discontinued models (i.e. 120/140/150/170) prior to 1986 were reportedly “lost” in the corporate metamorphosis through General Dynamics re-start of production ten years later. A very few drawings of various parts/systems are in our library or held by individual Members, but nothing large-scale.

I will start compiling what parts i have over the next few weeks and get the documentation sorted and work from there.
You might also use these Forums “Private Messaging” (PM) function to contact gobrien and see what transpires. :wink:
Johnaero

Post by Johnaero »

GAHorn wrote:
Johnaero wrote:

You might also use these Forums “Private Messaging” (PM) function to contact gobrien and see what transpires. :wink:
ill do that and see how he is progressing