Bearing compassion chart

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ghostflyer

Bearing compassion chart

Post by ghostflyer »

At the deeming convention a paper was being given out with a table showing a comparisons of bearings and part numbers . I have a copy and when I returned home I put it in a very safe place . It’s so safe I can’t find it . So if anybody has a copy not in a very safe place ,it would be greatly appreciated if you could scan it and send a copy to me . Please send it to my message bank. A big thank you to all for help.
GAHorn

Re: Bearing compassion chart

Post by GAHorn »

'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

George, thank you for your last posting but this page that I am looking for has all the timken p/no,s and the aircraft manufacture numbers and alt no’s for the bearings . It was on a A4 size page. The information was gold ,that’s why I put it in a very safe place .
daedaluscan

Post by daedaluscan »

I have always worried that not enough compassion was being shown to bearings:)

I thought almost every bearing had a number stamped on it that described the bearing completely, including seals,etc. In the past I have simply bought the Timken equivalent. I know that this would not be legal on an airplane, but it has saved me money on a lot of other applications.
Charlie

1956 170B C-GDRG #27019
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

ghostflyer wrote:George, thank you for your last posting but this page that I am looking for has all the timken p/no,s and the aircraft manufacture numbers and alt no’s for the bearings . It was on a A4 size page. The information was gold ,that’s why I put it in a very safe place .
David,
Is the PMA letter from the FAA to Timken found here the document you’re looking for?
Gary
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

Thank you n2582d , that’s what I was looking for . I think at the convention some one had only isolated the Cessna area and printed it off . This time this infor is going to be in my iPad and printed off also .