New forum- well done !

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Rudy Mantel

New forum- well done !

Post by Rudy Mantel »

George,
Congratulations on our new forum ! I was hoping we could be tied in with the Association-
This will be a big improvement over Yahoo and all those ads !
Well done !
Rudy
bward

Well Done II

Post by bward »

Well done George, Dale Medendorp and Velvet!
This is great software. It's easy to use and navigate.
All I have to worry about now is keeping up with new posts!
THANKS

Bryan :D
GAHorn

Re: Well Done II

Post by GAHorn »

bward wrote:Well done George, Dale Medendorp and Velvet!
This is great software. It's easy to use and navigate.
All I have to worry about now is keeping up with new posts!
THANKS

Bryan :D
Bryan (and everyone else!) :idea: To keep up with the new posts, all you have to do is, from the opening screen of the Forum, look at the upper right hand column, and click on "View new posts since last visit".
bward

Keeping Up

Post by bward »

I know that George, I simply meant that there are tons of posts already. Any moron could see that the new posts are with little tan or orange or whatever they are indications. As I said, it's easy to navigate.
Bryan

(the smilies are a bit dippy though) heh.
GAHorn

Re: Keeping Up

Post by GAHorn »

bward wrote:I know that George, I simply meant that there are tons of posts already. Any moron could see that the new posts are with little tan or orange or whatever they are indications. As I said, it's easy to navigate.
Bryan

(the smilies are a bit dippy though) heh.
The smilies were caught while in west Louisiana this last weekend. I think the hotel didn't use bleach in the linen-laundry. Rumor has it that FlyGuy has a whole stockade of them he's intending on unleashing.
bward

Re: Keeping Up with the Crawdads

Post by bward »

gahorn wrote:The smilies were caught while in west Louisiana this last weekend. I think the hotel didn't use bleach in the linen-laundry. Rumor has it that FlyGuy has a whole stockade of them he's intending on unleashing.
I sure wish I coulda been there. I ain't had no good "poo-bo'ahs" in a long time. Some mudbugs spread out over a long table of the latest picayune-times an' mebe some headless shrimp boiled in zatarains and chased with a few Dixies woulda been real good. Is JAX still made? Can a body still get real turtle soup? Anyways, I'm goin' to Enterprise next week with the fuse, and will pick up all the little movin' surfaces.
Bryan
Last edited by bward on Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAHorn

Re: Keeping Up with the Crawdads

Post by GAHorn »

bward wrote:The smilies were caught while in west Louisiana this last weekend. I think the hotel didn't use bleach in the linen-laundry. Rumor has it that FlyGuy has a whole stockade of them he's intending on unleashing.
I sure wish I coulda been there. I ain't had no good "poo-bo'ahs" in a long time. Some mudbugs spread out over a long table of the latest picayune-times an' mebe some headless shrimp boiled in zatarains and chased with a few Dixies woulda been real good. Is JAX still made? Can a body still get real turtle soup? Anyways, I'm goin' to Enterprise next week with the fuse, and will pick up all the little movin' surfaces.
Bryan[/quote]

To make a reply using quotes from another message, don't click on "reply",...click on "quote" at the top of their message, and you'll be brought to a reply window with the quoted message already in a window like this one. gh
Alterfede

new site

Post by Alterfede »

George, the site is good, the soft is easy to use, is quite fast, the only disadvantage is that you can´t receive the messages by email, for me , that i live in other country, where dial up connection is not cheap and doesn´t works very well :evil: ,it is a little messy to use. But as i want to have relation with people like you and the other 170er´s, i´ll get in this new forum, not as often as i want but a bit is better than nothing :( . Hope that i wont have to pay for this in the future because dollar exchange is going upstairs here, and to get the messages by mail if hexadecimal god is with us.

Thanks

FEDE
bward

Re: New forum- well done !

Post by bward »

Rudy Mantel wrote:George,
Congratulations on our new forum ! I was hoping we could be tied in with the Association-
This will be a big improvement over Yahoo and all those ads !
Well done !
Rudy
For what it's worth, I found this today via this link:
http://newsobserver.com/business/story/ ... 9960c.html

"But many of those who signed up for Yahoo e-mail could be
subjected to a daily pelting of junk-e-mail, as well as
additional marketing come-ons via phone and regular mail.
That's because Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Yahoo changed its
privacy policy a few weeks ago to clear the way for the
company to contact its e-mail users in all kinds of ways,
based on personal information in their e-mail accounts.
... I have seen a heck of a lot of people who've said, 'You know, I've almost reached my limit,'" Gardner said. "When it started up, Yahoo was a great service for free ... but the love affair is over.""

Ain't it the truth.
So again, thanks George, TIC 170 A, et. al.
Bryan