Insurance

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Insurance

Post by N1478D »

Received a notice from AVEMCO that I had not renewed my policy, HELLO :idea: . They also included a questionnaire that I almost threw away. But, price is listed as one of the possible choices on "Why did you discontinue your insurance policy with AVEMCO" and on other choices, maybe if enough of us send it in stating price, they will get the picture and become competive again.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Insurance

Post by GAHorn »

Avemco is not only not competitive pricewise, they have horrible office procedures. They are frequently telling me I'm cancelled about 30 days AFTER I've renewed. Their left hand and their right hands are not even on the same BODY!
When this policy expires, I'm gong DIRECT to AIG, as we discussed previously, not thru ANY agent, and save about $300 over AVEMCO! for MORE and BETTER coverage with NO FAMILY EXCLUSIONS.
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

I had my C140 insured with AIG for 8 years until it was destroyed in a windstorm. Customer service was always the best including the claim on the 140. I made a mistake and went with National the first year I got the 170. The price was a little better until I researched the policy a little closer and then AVEMCO took over the national policies. I went back to AIG and am glad I did. The people a great to deal with! [/img]
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

I have saved at least $300 by switching to AIG, and they did do a two payment plan for $20 extra, it was not documented that it was available, had to ask. The phone conversations have been excellent. So far I am totally happy with them.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
planepilot1

Insurance

Post by planepilot1 »

N1478D wrote:I have saved at least $300 by switching to AIG, and they did do a two payment plan for $20 extra, it was not documented that it was available, had to ask. The phone conversations have been excellent. So far I am totally happy with them.

Joe, I hope this doesn't mess up your above message. This is my first try @ the new site (I like it ).
I too had several planes insured with Avemco and quite by chance stumbled onto AIG 8-9 yrs ago and have been satisfied with coverages & prices as compared to others. They insured my C-172 TD for yrs not realizing it had lost its "training wheel" & when I fessed up there was no increase in premium. Good bunch of folks even if they are in the insurance business (as I am)!
Frank Stephenson
n3437d

AIG Insurance

Post by n3437d »

Does anyone out there have a phone number for AIG? I tried searching the Web with no luck.
Joel N3437D
N1478D

Re: AIG Insurance

Post by N1478D »

n3437d wrote:Does anyone out there have a phone number for AIG? I tried searching the Web with no luck.
Joel N3437D
Joel, I dealt with Cindy at Aviation Insurance Group, LTD. The numbers I have are 800-654-4215, 800-825-2828, and 405-495-4230. Mentioned that I was a memeber of the TIC170A.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
U2Hoog

AIG vs USAIG

Post by U2Hoog »

This may be a stupid question, but is USAIG the same as AIG? I currently get my aircraft insurance through USAA who then contracts with USAIG. I suppose I could be saving money by going direct, eh? Help me out here. I'd rather put my "airplane money" into my AIRPLANE and not my aircraft insurance!! :D
N1478D

Re: AIG vs USAIG

Post by N1478D »

U2Hoog wrote:This may be a stupid question, but is USAIG the same as AIG? I currently get my aircraft insurance through USAA who then contracts with USAIG. I suppose I could be saving money by going direct, eh? Help me out here. I'd rather put my "airplane money" into my AIRPLANE and not my aircraft insurance!! :D
I don't know if they are related companies or not. But the people I dealt with at the above listed numbers are very friendly and helpful. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask them about USAIG. There are members here who are in the insurance industry that might be able to advise you on how to deal direct if it turns out they are the same companies.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
Bill Venohr

Post by Bill Venohr »

USAIG and AIG are two different companies. For two years I had my insurance with USAIG through USAA. With my flying 125-150 hours/year on the 170 plus flying Part 135 another 500 hours a year, along with all the check rides, etc., you would think my insurance would go down. Instead, it kept going up. :x I told USAA they needed to find another provider, which they said they were looking into doing--I got the impression they weren't happy with USAIG either, but I think they had some contractural agreements to meet prior to going elsewhere. So I shifted to AIG and saved over $300.

For those who wonder who USAA is, it is an insurance company that was founded by military officers. Membership is primarily military or former military officers. With aviation insurance, USAA is just in the middle and it sounds like going direct to AIG is cheaper.
Bill Venohr
N4044V
Aurora, CO