Texas Death Match - Results! (Round One!)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Texas Death Match - Results! (Round One!)

Post by GAHorn »

OK, I've been inundated with comments, cheers, and jeers and so I've been goaded into doing what I'd been refraining from doing in good, no,...excellent! taste, all along.
First of all, the Great Texas Death Match was held last weekend at the East Texas/Toledo Bend Fly-In. Here's the results:

1) FASTEST 170! = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
2) Prettiest 170! = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
3) Best Original 170! = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
4) Best Custom 170! = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
5) People's Choice = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
6) Short field landing = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
7) Short field Takeoff = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
8. Longest Distance Flown = DEFINITELY George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
9) Distance Int'l Award = Winner: George (Mach-warning) Horn, N146YS!
(Hey! Texas is pretty foreign when in La.!)
and....last but not least,.....(especially last!... :lol: ..)
10) Consolation Prize = Winner: Joe (Rope-trick) Harris, N1478D.

In the interests of generous impartiality, a re-match will be scheduled in the future. :twisted:
N1478D

Round Toooo

Post by N1478D »

It is admirable that you exercised so much restraint in refraining yourself. :roll: What had been described as a "let's discuss the race rules and maybe get some flying in fly-in", turned into THE RACE as soon as you looked around at all of the other airplanes there. What happened to Gary dusting his plane off :?: You are obviously disqualified on all accounts so far :!: You always took off first! You picked the course! You picked the spot landing spot after you landed! :roll:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

round too

Post by GAHorn »

Aww. This was intended in fun. Actually I took off LAST! And I didn't even know where the spot was until after I landed! :? I poked lots of fun at myself being the only one flying into the fly-in, and it was I who suggested that we only use the opportunity to develop a friendly set of competition rules. I had no intention of anything but comraderie and fun. It was others who jokingly brought up the point that since I was the only one who flew in, that I should claim the prizes! It was Gary who, in jest, disqualified me from the prizes claiming I'd left early. (Actually I flew over to his place on Sun, just to give a thank-you fly-by, but Deana was probably playing the church organ at 11:30 AM, so they were'nt there.)
There certainly is no intent on my part to imply anything other than ludicrous fun at the concept that there is any "speed" involved in a 170 competition. Nothing was claimed by me "after" looking around. (And Gary's 170 isn't flying right now.) Sorry if I hurt any feelings with my little joke. :(
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Ahhhhh! So Gary was being even funnier than I knew when he told me that he could dust his plane off and beat both of us 8O ! Beating you with a plane that doesn't fly is one thing, but beating me is another thing. Actually George, Gary was there when you did your fly by and tail wag because I was on the phone with him at that exact moment. To be more exact I was trying to get off the phone, there for a moment I thought I had called during a sexual moment, then he explained he was watching you wag your tail :mrgreen: I accept your apologies and am glad that you agree you have been disqualified :twisted:

P.S. Glad you are not any more sensitive than I am, would hate for anyone to get their feelings hurt over 'who has the fastest slow airplane contest' :wink: Noticed you did not enter the slowest flying 170 contest, have you given up thinking you can fly your BB model slower than my A model :?:
Last edited by N1478D on Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Oh, NO! I was the best airplane present in all categorys. 8)

Well, actually you and I BOTH lost one category....

Gary (Dusty) Hanson did win the dusty category, ...also the most ingenious battery installation category (you'll have to ask him about that one), ...but he also won the best hamburger cook category,...and the best Butler category! Sir William Robert is my new hero!
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Darn! I am very dissappointed :cry: Was hoping that the hours my head was in the smoke on your back porch would keep my place in that catagory longer than it has. Did he do something special, or is it that he is just the latest :?: I still feel like smoke is in my eyes when I reach for a beer, as you know, I was doing a lot of reaching there at your place untill your well trained large dogs convinced me that it was their beer :D
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N1478D wrote:Darn! I am very dissappointed :cry: Was hoping that the hours my head was in the smoke on your back porch would keep my place in that catagory longer than it has. Did he do something special, or is it that he is just the latest :?: I still feel like smoke is in my eyes when I reach for a beer, as you know, I was doing a lot of reaching there at your place untill your well trained large dogs convinced me that it was their beer :D
Perhaps I should have stated "Looeasyanna hamburger cook"? He used some kind of special sauce with garlic, salsa, and Marvel mystery oil on 'em, while backing up doing the hokey-pokey chanting "sis-boom-bah Mon-Cheri' !"

I guess we'd better have a cook-off!