Seat Rails

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Seat Rails

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

It's time to replace my seat rails. I've noticed them advertised several places and that there seem sto be different models ie some are thicker than stock.
What is the favorite flavor of seat rail and where is the best plac eto purchase them.

Thanks
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Re: Seat Rails

Post by GAHorn »

N9149A wrote:It's time to replace my seat rails. I've noticed them advertised several places and that there seem sto be different models ie some are thicker than stock.
What is the favorite flavor of seat rail and where is the best plac eto purchase them.

Thanks

:D Love the new site. Hope we can eventually store PDF's and other documents here.
McFarlane makes the thicker rails, but unless you plan on living another 50 years your new rails will last longer than you do even if you buy originals, and if you do buy rails different than originals they'll not match the Non-locking side rails unless you replace that side as well (not likely to be required.). This may be unimportant to you, I just wanted to point that out.
bward

Re: Seat Rails

Post by bward »

N9149A wrote:Love the new site. Hope we can eventually store PDF's and other documents here.
Most ISPs allow a certain amout of bytes to be uploaded on it's server; one could always upload any file and link to it in a post. So, instead of burdening this site with memory prolific files, just upload any file you wish (such as a .pdf) to your own ISP. A handy tool for this is WS-FTP. I am linking a site here to find this application. Read the tutorial. It is an easy little tool.
http://www.main.nc.us/help/ftp.shtml
There are WS-FTP downloads here for Windows 3.1/98/2000 and Macs.

George might care to create a "Topic" or other area that caters to hyper texts exclusively: ex. "Fast Plane can be seen here" http://www.spicewoodisp.com/georges_fast_170B.jpg"
(heh-heh. thot I'd demonstrate moderator's edit capabilities w/the new software :lol: -gh)
Just a thought.
Bryan
N1478D

George's Slow Plane

Post by N1478D »

I Like It :lol: I Like It :lol:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX