KN75 Glideslope Receiver

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

dalemed
Site Admin

KN75 Glideslope Receiver

Post by dalemed »

I have a KX-155 nav/com and a KI-209 indicator, but no glideslope receiver. I'm told that a KN-75 will work with the KI-209. Can anyone confirm this? Will it interface to a KX155? How difficult would it be to get this all working in my 170? Whats a good price for a KN75?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dale Medendorp
GAHorn

Re: KN75 Glideslope Receiver

Post by GAHorn »

dalemed wrote:I have a KX-155 nav/com and a KI-209 indicator, but no glideslope receiver. I'm told that a KN-75 will work with the KI-209. Can anyone confirm this? Will it interface to a KX155? How difficult would it be to get this all working in my 170? Whats a good price for a KN75?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dale Medendorp
I think the KI-209 will indeed work with the KN75, but I don't think it will interface with the KX155. I believe the KN75 interfaces with a KX170B. The KI214 has a built in GlideSlope receiver, and it may work but I'm not certain. I thought the KX155 is either GS enabled by individual model number or not. Either way you're going to probably need the services of a good avionics shop to do this interface. You might talk to http://www.avionix.com to see if they can guide you on this, or offer to exchange your present KX155 for one that includes Glide slope, along with the harness for the indicator.
dalemed
Site Admin

Post by dalemed »

Thanks, George!

I didn't think it would be easy. :cry: Theres got to be a reason why glideslope boards for a KX155 are so expensive.

Dale