Wy/Montana Trip & BAS Harness Tip

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

aileron170b

Wy/Montana Trip & BAS Harness Tip

Post by aileron170b »

THANKS to EVERYONE who responded to my earlier query regarding my trip to Yellowstone the end of May. ALL of the responses were enlightening and some actually confirmed ideas I had been already entertaining - which makes me feel even more satisfied to realize my planning thus far seems to make sense!!

My motto is: anything is possible as long as I have my credit card and toothbrush! (Now, let's just hope the weather warms up!!).

By the way.... I finally had installed my BAS inertia reel shoulder harnesses. Wooweewow! One tip, however.... when trying to determine where to make the slit in the fabric headliner to feed the harness through from the spar - DO NOT stuff the harnesses inside the headliner and then zip shut (to determine location of mounting bracket on taunt headliner.) I got grease on the belts from the aileron pulleys. Guaranteed way to quickly ruin your day. But, I got most of the grease removed, so they still look like new. Dumb mistake, though.

Thanks, again, for all the trip responses!

Your trip

Post by flyer170 »

Michelle.... Keep us posted on your trip. I would like to know how it works out. I'm interested in heading that way also.
Bob
Bill Venohr

Post by Bill Venohr »

Michelle--your request for info has brought out some good suggestions on places to fly. I'm going to try to take a long weekend flying trip to the Black Hills/central WY area and will be interested in your results.
Bill Venohr
N4044V
Aurora, CO