Automatic Login

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

lowNslow

Automatic Login

Post by lowNslow »

I have been having mixed results with the automatic login feature of this site. It seems to be hit or miss - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. Is anyone else having the same problem or know of a solution, I am already set up to accept "cookies".
doakes

Post by doakes »

:D works for me every time. I too am set to accept cookies.
dalemed
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Login

Post by dalemed »

lowNslow wrote:I have been having mixed results with the automatic login feature of this site. It seems to be hit or miss - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. Is anyone else having the same problem or know of a solution, I am already set up to accept "cookies".
What browser are you using?
lowNslow

Post by lowNslow »

I am using IE 5.1.3 for Mac.
dalemed
Site Admin

Post by dalemed »

Versions of IE prior to 5.5 are known to have some problems with cookies. I've heard that 5.5 does too, but I used it for awhile on my Windows computer, and never experience cookie problems (a few others though). Netscape is probably more stable in this regard, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Internet Explorer.

I think your problems will go away if you upgrade to IE 6+ or Netscape 6+.

I'll monitor this topic for awhile to see how widespread the problem is.
lowNslow

Post by lowNslow »

Dale, thanks for the good support. I'll check into an IE upgrade - I probably not go the Netscape route due to problems with some other web sites I use. Karl
flyguy

AUTOMATIC LOGIN

Post by flyguy »

I am using Netscape 4.7 and the automatic login has never worked. I have to login sometimes for every topic even though I logged in on the first screen.
GAHorn

Re: AUTOMATIC LOGIN

Post by GAHorn »

flyguy wrote:I am using Netscape 4.7 and the automatic login has never worked. I have to login sometimes for every topic even though I logged in on the first screen.
Actually, Netscape works fine only in the Toledo Bend area for some reason. Dale and I had to reset the forum in order to make this as troublesome for "flyguy" as possible. Otherwise none of us would be able to tolerate this place with all his BS. :D
dalemed
Site Admin

Re: AUTOMATIC LOGIN

Post by dalemed »

flyguy wrote:I am using Netscape 4.7 and the automatic login has never worked. I have to login sometimes for every topic even though I logged in on the first screen.
Yes, I see what you mean. I fired up my old :wink: Netscape 4.75 and duplicated your problem. I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
dalemed
Site Admin

Post by dalemed »

I've made a change to the way the BB handles cookies. It seems to be working OK for me now (using Netscape Communicator 4.75 and IE 6.0). :)