Websites

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N170GA

Websites

Post by N170GA »

Can someone summarize the latest C170 websites locations. I know that there is one with members and pictures, and there are several others, but I can't find them. Maybe just a listing would be nice with links. Thanks for the excellent work on this site. I am just getting used to it. Glad for no advertizing.
N170GA

Post by N170GA »

Thanks again George!
I'm enjoying this new site more, the more I use it.
N170GA is making good progress since I purchased it in January. I love the thing! After 50 hrs, and some time in the shop, I'm getting all the little bugs worked out of her. Maybe going overboard on a couple of things as I go, but with a "new" (read unfamiliar) bird on my hands, I've been replacing some things rather than "tinker" just for my own peace of mind. This club has been a Godsend! I use it constantly for reference and advice (and sometimes parts).The ground service plug you sent me was put to good use last week after an alternator failure over Wisconsin at 2am. Got down OK with no radio or lights and a "flashlight in the teeth". Diverted to an airport with a long, dimly lit crosswind runway, but the battery was DOA. The plug worked like a charm and I was off again as soon as the FBO opened and charged me up. A new alternator and voltage regulator fixed the problem. I'm still bugged by several oil leaks on the back of the engine around the accessory case, that I believe resulted from the "oil pump AD" (Lyc O-360) fix, accomplished a couple of months prior to my purchase (Just an assumption on my part). Oh well!
I'm off tomorrow for the Minnesota Seaplane Assoc annual fly-in weekend in Brainard Minnesota. Thanks to all for their advice and counsel. Kudos on the site, and keep up the good work.
N170GA
Neil :D