Thanks George, the Parts Catalog came in the mail today!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Thanks George, the Parts Catalog came in the mail today!

Post by N1478D »

George, I wanted to thank you again for advising that an original Model 170A Parts Catalog was on ebay, it came in the mail today and am I ever happy to get it :D. A while back you also advised about a Waltham A13A/L Aircraft Clock that I enjoy as much as any other item in the panel. THANKS MAN :!:
Hint: It is possible to increase your airspeed by placing a trap door in the rear of the baggage compartment for the cabin air to escape thru, like the big birds have :wink:
Or, you could trade your airplane for another B, or even an A or 170. :twisted:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Re: Thanks George, the Parts Catalog came in the mail today!

Post by GAHorn »

N1478D wrote:George, I wanted to thank you again for advising that an original Model 170A Parts Catalog was on ebay, it came in the mail today and am I ever happy to get it :D. A while back you also advised about a Waltham A13A/L Aircraft Clock that I enjoy as much as any other item in the panel. THANKS MAN :!:
Hint: It is possible to increase your airspeed by placing a trap door in the rear of the baggage compartment for the cabin air to escape thru, like the big birds have :wink:
Or, you could trade your airplane for another B, or even an A or 170. :twisted:
It's possible that clock may be running slow. That would explain why you think your airplane is fast. :)
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Actually the clock runs a little fast and does not reach 8 days, but I am still completely happy with it, it looks great in the panel and I make use of it all of the time.
George, would you quit voting multiple times in the Slow Poll, you are only suppose to vote once, you have voted 9 times today :roll:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Polls only allow one vote per member. :twisted: Can I help it if you run a poll that doesn't go the way you want it?
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

gahorn wrote:Polls only allow one vote per member. :twisted: Can I help it if you run a poll that doesn't go the way you want it?
Members yes, Moderators :?:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

We're the same as far as polls go. (Anyway, these arguments are easily answered by the factory's own test pilots. The B model has better TO/Lndg distances and speeds (including slower stall speeds. See the Approved Flight Manuals.) The theory that a straight wing is faster than one with dihedral is only an unproven theory. Any difference is easily negated by individual airplane characteristics and pilot techniques. I'll pit my airplane, experience, and ruthlessness :twisted: against yours anytime.) :lol:
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Marketing hype was played in the horsepower wars in the auto industry also. Looks like 1951 was a more honest year than 1953. But, we will see.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX