My 34th TIC170A Convention Trip

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

So, Gary, .... you saying his name was John the Baptizt? That high-dollar university (Mary Hardin-Baylor University, (Baptist) I graduated from don't know how to spell? Hmmmn. No wonder it took an Act of God to get this Presbyterian enrolled!! :lol:
Yes, Tom Hall fired himself. He and Miles Bowen, Cleo and the rest of the Inquisition told me it was a really easy and overpaid job and they wanted to give me first shot at it, but said I only had a couple minutes to think about it because they were afraid if word got out there'd be a mad rush of folks clamoring for someone else. (Themselves, I presume. heh-heh) Well, before I knew it, the deal was struck, the vote was voted, and I was told to strip! 8O
Boy, were they sorry. They found out paybacks are hell! (Moral: Be careful what you ask for.) :lol:
Tom Hall is a tough act to follow. The saving grace is his generosity in photocopying his materials for my reference resources, and his generous offer to still be available for me to fall back on. His level of service to TIC170A and it's members has become legend. (In contrast to his single-level of service, I've promised two levels of service. I've promised to give super-fast service when providing answers. And I'll also offer correct answers. Whichever one you want!) :wink:
flyguy

OH HEK! NO MORE SHORT AN SWEET

Post by flyguy »

MA LIL WIFE DEENA TOLE HER FLITE INSTRUKTER ONE TIME "WHICH DO YOU WANT - - - STRATE OR LEVEL? I CAINT DO BOTH!"

NOW YUH CUMMIN OUT WITH "FAST - - OR COREKT"! ER DID YOU MEAN "FAST AN COREKT" - - AS OPPOSED TO "SLOW AN WRONG?"

AN FER YER POZISHUN AS NEW MAYNTENENCE CORIDINATER- -I WILL BE YER CO- INSULTANT ON RELEGIOUS MATTERS CAUSE YER IGGERNANCE REELY STIKS OUT LAK A SORE THUM HEAR. IFN YER BILBLE HAS A BOOK OF JOHN, JES LOOK IN THU FIRST CHAPER TU SEE THE SPEELING OF BAPT- -. IF IT DOANT LET ME NO AN ONE WILL BE MAILED TU YUH ALONG WITH THE FAR ANT NEST I'M SENDIN. PEE- ESS: THAT IS WHATCHA GIT FER GITTIN IN A UNITYVERSITY WITH A GURLS NAME IN THE HEADLINE!

Joking aside, Tom will be a hard act to follow but I'm sure you will be able to do as well. Especially with "US" helpin you! If he was at the convention, I hope that Tom received some well deserved recognition for his many years of service to our membership. If he didn't lets put something together for him.
4-Shipp

Post by 4-Shipp »

George,

I second the motion to spend some time in Riudoso! We lived in Alamogordo for 4.5 years and loved it. Typical Saturday in February would be mow the yard in shorts in the am and be tubing in 3 feet of snow in Cloudcroft in the afternoon. Alamogordo also had one of the best year-round hang gliding sights in north America with two big fly-ins each year. The landing sight was just a half mile from the house and it was great sport to watch them land in the desert scrub! Once coming back from the Beak MOA north of the Capitans in an AT-38, I was following the highway south and passed a hang glider about a mile to the west of me. He was slightly above me, and I was at 10.500'!!! Those guys are nuts! There was also a great deal of soaring that took place along the mountains on the east side ot theTularosa basin. If you are ever back take time to go to Alamogordo. The International Space Hall of Fame, museum and planetarium are there, as well as a nice zoo. At the museum you will see lots of cool space stuff including the rocket sled used at Holloman AFB for Col Stapp to break the sound barier - in a convertable! A trip to White Sands National Monument is a must - you can go sledding in the sand!

My biggest dissapointment in your report is that you didn't have a green chili cheese burger! If you missed out on that New Mexico treasure, the loss is yours! Just find the grubbiest looking diner in town, and they will most likely have the best green chili!
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B