How much Corrosion-X?

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

vmoura

How much Corrosion-X?

Post by vmoura »

I am planning to spray my plane with corrosion-X how much Corrosion-X do I need for the job?
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

It depends upon how thorough a job you wish to do. Are you going to use the wand-fogger and high pressure? Or are you going to use spray cans for local treatment.
Having done this to several airplanes I'd certainly recommend you contact a Corrosion-X authorized applicator and have it done professionally. It's worth the money if you have an ongoing corrosion problem.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
vmoura

Post by vmoura »

It would be great to have a Corrosion-X authorized applicator but I am not sure if there is one locally (KMFE). So I was planning to ask the IA to apply it during the anual. It would be a wand-fogger and high pressure treatment.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

In McAllen
McCreery Aviation Company
2400 S. 10th Street
956-686-1774
Tony Pratt

Tell Steve McCreery I said "Hi".
George Horn

For other service centers: http://www.corrosionx.com/tcenters.html
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

I bought a gallon of Corrosion-X for last year's annual. Used about half of it using a wand sprayer and the other half this year. It's good protection for your airplane.
Be sure to remove the wing tips and spray into the wings, into all control surfaces, all inspection panels, tail cone, wing roots.
Three years ago I took the airplane to an upholstery shop, had them remove the headliner and inspectd the center section and sprayed it using Corrosion-X from a can. I'll probably repeat it this year.
If the airplane looks messy and the stuff drips out between the seams, that means you did it right !
Rudy