C-170B go-around manuever

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I thought you referred to that noise you made as "guitar-playin'". I didn't know you also played the viola. :wink:
wa4jr

Post by wa4jr »

And that special operating note in the FlightGuide and on airnav.com set me up for the scare of my flying career 8O Had I ignored the special operating note at T94 regarding a downwind landing when winds are 12 knots or less, I would have come in over some higher trees to rwy 12, landing into the wind with a lower groundspeed. If I could not have made the landing safely, then I would have had an easy go-around into the wind over an area of descending terrain with lower trees....even with 30 degrees of flaps :lol: One of the many lessons learned from my encounter with T94 is to take the special operational notes with a grain of salt. One likes to think that these special procedures are safe at all times for all aircraft, but it pays to think for yourself and not take the special operating procedures at certain airports as "gospel". I would have much rather been scolded by the airport manager after a successful first approach into the wind at T94 than relive that go-around maneuver again with the tailwind pushing me into the trees :wink:

And I like the suggestion on carb heat use. On short final, if not needed to sustain engine operation, I am taking the carb heat off from now on...just one less thing to worry about during a busy go-around maneuver 8)

Thanks guys, for all your input :!:
John, 2734C in Summit Point, WV