Fresno Airparts

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

schnepel

Fresno Airparts

Post by schnepel »

I've been considering replacing some rubber mount bushings on a C-90-14F engine that one of my airplanes (C-140A) is equipped with. Fresno Airparts offers the material at an attractive price, but I'm curious about the age of the rubber. Can anyone comment on their experience with rubber parts, i.e. bushings, or-rings, etc. that they may have purchased from Fresno Airports. I've heard in the past that a lot of the material the company handles may be NOS, and the rubber may be years old. Probably okay as long as it's been sealed. Comments? Thanks
GAHorn

Re: Fresno Airparts

Post by GAHorn »

I’d ask Fresno this question about shelf-life of the specific parts directly.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
gfeher

Post by gfeher »

I just bought a set of Lord engine mounts for an O-200A from Fresno. The rubbers, along with all other parts in the set, look brand new, not NOS. I’ve never had any problem with anything I’ve bought from Fresno over the years. A number of others at my airport also buy from Fresno and have never told me they had any problems with the items delivered. Their prices are attractive compared to others.
Gene Feher
Argyle (1C3), NY
'52 170B N2315D s/n 20467 C-145-2
Experimental J3 Cub Copy N7GW O-200
schnepel

Post by schnepel »

gfeher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:34 pm I just bought a set of Lord engine mounts for an O-200A from Fresno. The rubbers, along with all other parts in the set, look brand new, not NOS. I’ve never had any problem with anything I’ve bought from Fresno over the years. A number of others at my airport also buy from Fresno and have never told me they had any problems with the items delivered. Their prices are attractive compared to others.
Thank you Gene and thank you George. I'll give them a call tomorrow and check on the material. Thanks again!