Wanna' Help Save Boulder Airport (?)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Chris Cutler

Wanna' Help Save Boulder Airport (?)

Post by Chris Cutler »

If you'd like to, posted fyi only, not my place to tell you how to run your scene.

There's a petition at this link

https://saveboulderairport.com/

Apparently some of the locals are trying to close it.

✌🏼🖖🏼
DaveF

Re: Wanna' Help Save Boulder Airport (?)

Post by DaveF »

Please do sign, but if you make an additional comment, be nice. Snark feels good but won’t help.

I learned to fly at Boulder in the ‘80s.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I have been told over and over thru the years that Developers have deep pockets and influence with local politics…. and they are almost universally liars. The three events in which I dealt with a Developer…proved that rumor to be thoroughly accurate.

One of the most memorable stories involving a lying developer is that of the Donner Party.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

Be warned ,when dealing with airport closures the truth is always forgotten. Some people [developers and the local authorities ] will creat a lie and urban myths and repeat it enough in all the media to the point it appears fact . Even the local authorities employees get caught up in the hyper lie and corruption then really flourishes. For the last 4 years ,25 lease holders at my airport have fought city hall for our airport to remain open. We formed an Incorporation to represent ourselves . It has cost each lease holder around $40,000 in legal fees to have the privilege of landing and having your own hangar. Look what happen to that GA airport on the edge of Chicago. Learn from others that have failed and who has also succeeded.
Maybe one day I will write a book on the trials and tribulation of the fight to keep my hangars. So good luck to the aviators of Boulder City. my thoughts are with you.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

ghostflyer makes a good point.

I used to land at Meigs Field in the late ‘70’s/early ‘80s and it was really a good experience. …AND… it was so much better than later-on having to deal with ORD traffic/delays….and MDW lack of services and terminals that were “dumps”.
The company I flew for did business in downtown Chicago and I would stay in the Holiday Inn Hotel on LakeShore drive….(in the pic below)….

FAA and Fed. Gov’t made a Huge Mistake not to prosecute the destruction of that airport… and the example is not wasted on politicians all over the country.
Click to ENLARGE
Click to ENLARGE
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)