Shoreline Beige?

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

AWilson

Shoreline Beige?

Post by AWilson »

Do you folks think this is the original shoreline beige? I hope so because I like it.
I have found in my airplane all the other original colors

IMG_8646.jpg
49 A model, serial 18963
GAHorn

Re: Shoreline Beige?

Post by GAHorn »

If that is the original paint (captured behind a protective surface) and if the interior has never been repainted and if your original paint codes call for that color…… Then it’s a good “educated guess”. (To confirm paint colors and shades on a computer monitor is not the best method for reasons Bruce has addressed in earlier threads.)

It IS a pretty color! (A similar color was found in overspray behind my 172 headliner….( I found Rustoleum “Almond” to be a rattle-can match.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
AWilson

Post by AWilson »

Thanks!
I bought a can to try.
49 A model, serial 18963
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

I’m curious where you found the “original Shoreline Beige” color listed? It’s not listed in the “Standard Paint Combinations” shown in C-170A IPC following the alphabetical index. First time I’ve heard of that shade. Not questioning the authenticity of it as you previously wrote, “I have incredible records all the way back. including the factory bill of sales and factory check offs etc.” Sounds like you’ve got some info that needs to find its way into our Maintenance Library.

Paint Ref show it was used on ‘54-‘56 Chevys. GM code 591. This model paint would be a cheap way of confirming a matching color.
Gary