52 170B for sale

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jestew

52 170B for sale

Post by jestew »

Remember the story from Eric about the 170 that was groundlooped/flipped in Port Townsend last February? I saw Eric a few weeks ago and he told me someone in Bellingham where I live had bought the wreck.

Just yesterday I saw a flier posted at BLI advertising the plane for sale after the installation of new wings and other needed repairs and a paint job. I haven't seen the plane but the new owner is pretty proud of it. He is asking $41,900.

If you are interested you can contact Bailey Shewchuck at *******.

========
Note to TIC170A members and others,
Again, let me remind you NOT to post someone's personal information such as Phone numbers/addresses, etc. without that person's specific permission.
Bailey is a TIC170A member and advised me that he did not authorize the publication of his phone number, therefore I have removed it. (He's also a participant in this forum and may be contacted thru the Private Message feature.)
Please be smart. The Internet is a world-wide web and can be a dangerous place. Do not post your private information without realizing those dangers.
George Horn
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I visited with the previous pwner at the Orcas fly-in about 3 weeks ago,and he told me that the buyer told him it'd be flying inside a month.I thought it unlikely--guess I was wrong.
From what I could see,it needed more than new wings & a few repairs--the fuselage aft of the LH gearbox looked tweaked,and the prop looked like a pretzel! I don't think the engine was making power when the prop hit,but it was running. Seems like a teardown/inspection was in order,or an engine swap.
I hope I see the airplane in my travels--be interesting to check it out & talk to the repairer.

Eric
BShewchuk

Post by BShewchuk »

I would be happy to provide a complete photo history of the damage and repairs made to this "wreck".

Very proud of it. Call me at 360-201-5013 if you are interested. :D

Cabin top replaced, fin and rudder repaired, prop replaced, cowl repaired, nothing wrong with the gear. engine checks out fine, crank within .50/1000. Annual inspection complete, ready to fly.
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Bailey,there's a fly-in at Port Angeles tomorrw. Fly that bad boy down & show it off! Might be a potential buyer there....
I see that there's also a 170 Assn. lunch fly-in next Saturday (the 14th) at Thun Field.
Hope to see ya at one of them-I fly a brown on white ragwing.

Eric Taylor