Rigging Problems

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Dr. Dave

Rigging Problems

Post by Dr. Dave »

Hi all... I have a 1956 C-170 B that Needs to be re rigged correctly.. I have been gathering data on the topic and now am ready to find someone to help with the process.
I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island B.C Canada and keep the plane hangered at Vict Intnl.... CYYJ

Does anyone know any mechanics within reasonable distance of me who are experienced in these older aircraft? Anywhere in the Fraser valley or on Vancouver Island whould be preferable.. But close by in the US could work as well, as long as the work could be done legaly on a Canadian registered aircraft..

Thanks

Dr. Dave

C-GMSC
(Travels with Charlie)
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Dave, I was just recently looking thru an issue of the Cessna Pilots Assn magazine. It had an article about "certified" Cessna riggers that have been thru the club's rigging course. A guy from Apex Airpark in Silverdale Washington (near Bremerton,just south of Bangar Submarine Base) was listed. If you have access to either of these clubs' resources,check it out. I think they have a website,but it might be members only.
If I see the magazine again (it was laying around our airport cafe) I'll get the name & contact info for you.
So how's the new bird treating you? Did you get down to Evergreen with it?
We've got a 170 lunch fly-in coming up on Oct 20 at Harvey Field in Snohomish,it's listed in the Flypaper. You can clear Customs at Paine Field or Port Townsend......Come on down!

Eric
Bill Rusk

Rigging

Post by Bill Rusk »

Dave

I think you are near Tom Downey. That would be my first choice by far. I still kick myself for not buying his airplane, even if it was over my budget. He seems to be Very knowledgeable and honest. Good luck.

Bill
N4592C 53 B model
Dr. Dave

Rigging Problem

Post by Dr. Dave »

Yes Tom is in Oak Harbour.. It is not that far away by air but it is a long way around the hoop if I need to leave the plane.. I understand that he is ver good and maybe I will try and contact him for an evaluation once I am back in the air..

Thanks

Dave
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

I would be more than happy to rig your aircraft. and fly you home if necessary. I am free most weekends, call me
1-360-675-2117
or e-mail me at
ias@whidbey.net
Yes, US mechanics can work on Cadaian registered aircraft.
Tom Downey A&P-IA
Oak Harbor Wa
76S Wes Lupien Mem. air park 35 east of you.

or if you like
I can come over for a weekend, I need a vacation anyway.

And THANKS for the good words, all of you who thought of me.
Tom Downey A&P-IA
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

oops on the CANADA (Sp)
Tom Downey A&P-IA
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Tom Downey wrote:I would be more than happy to rig your aircraft. and fly you home if necessary. I am free most weekends, call me
1-360-675-2117
or e-mail me at
ias@whidbey.net
Yes, US mechanics can work on Cadaian registered aircraft.
Tom Downey A&P-IA
Oak Harbor Wa
76S Wes Lupien Mem. air park 35 east of you.

or if you like
I can come over for a weekend, I need a vacation anyway.

And THANKS for the good words, all of you who thought of me.
Hi, Tom! That's very generous of you on the weekends. What is your hourly rate during the rest of the week? :wink: