Help with OLD RADIOS

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Alterfede

Help with OLD RADIOS

Post by Alterfede »

Guys, I need a hand on this, when i Bought LV-FEH (170A serial 19659), it came without radios and the former owner gave me this:
1) A 400 com radio, in the front also appears this number RT-432A but in the back appears this RT-532A and in the placard has this data: Aircraft Radio Corp., PN 33570-1000 serial 1202.
2) A Cessna 300 ADF, with this printed on the back, M-521-B and this number 32800/1128.
For the radio i need the diagrams of it and the diagrams of the wiring to the other box that came included, i dont know what does it is exactly. This things are for repairing issues.
For the ADF i need, the diagrams of it and of the wiring, and it came without the antenna that goes in the belly of the 170, not the sense antenna, the other, if someone has one to sell or knows where to buy one that works, ill be grateful.
Hope that someone could help me with this, so i got a spare radio, to use as base in pinamar (Argentina) this summer and to have and ADF, perhaps this soundsnot very modern, but here here there are more NDBs and broadcastings and they work better than most VORs (there are not many here).
My best regards,

FEDE
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

FEDE, here are the experts on those types radios.
http://www.airwich.com/
Alterfede

Post by Alterfede »

George, i saw the entire site, i think these radios are too old. And in another site i saw that the com is no longer accepted by the FAA to be onboard, do you know if the NARCO 120 com i got is a good radio. Im emailing bob, from airwich to see what does he say about that stuff.
Thanx

FEDE
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Many U.S. avionics shops will not work on radios that are illegal in the U.S., ...but they will repair the same radios in foreign registered aircraft. Check with airwich. Maybe he'll make you an attractive deal on radios no longer legal here, but which may be used in Argentina.
Alterfede

Post by Alterfede »

Good idea George, got to check the local DNARs, wich are local copies of the FARs, theyre used in convenience of the local aviation authority (read Air Force) :twisted: to restrict and kill the local civil aviation. And to check if those radios can be imported, well i think thast wont be a problem since here radios are not produced from the 50´s. My best regards

FEDE
Fede Ranea
federanea@yahoo.com.ar
TIC170A #7450
Buenos Aires
LV-FEH 1950 C170A