THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

Post by GAHorn »

N9149A wrote:Just started this thread to see if we can draw some people who lurk but never post to just say hello.

You don't have to say anything other than:

" Hello Buck Franke checking in"

You might ask a question if you dare like:

"Hey Buck Franke checking in. Anybody know where I can get a set of front ash trays for my otherwise really nice '52. Any condition will do. I'm embarrassed to say I've been flying it without them or I'd have posted earlier.

Of course you would substitute your name for "Buck Franke" in the samples above.:D

Lets see who we can get to respond.
AAAARRRRrrrrgggghhhhh! But pulleeezzzeeee......PLEASE don't list anything you want (or have for sale) here in the Pilot Lounge! You MUST be a TIC170A MEMBER (Buck Franke is) and it MUST be a personal item (no commercial free ads) and you MUST list it in The TradeMart. (Thank you.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
iowa

Post by iowa »

i am very excited to see all the
project pictures.
this is something that i'd like to do someday.
when i finish my next wwii jeep
and then my 53' MG TD
then i'll find, say a cub to do.
dave
1951 170A 1468D SN 20051
1942 L-4B 2764C USAAC 43-572 (9433)
AME #17747
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: THINK you have nothing to add to the forum, just say hi!

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

gahorn wrote: AAAARRRRrrrrgggghhhhh! But pulleeezzzeeee......PLEASE don't list anything you want (or have for sale) here in the Pilot Lounge! You MUST be a TIC170A MEMBER (Buck Franke is) and it MUST be a personal item (no commercial free ads) and you MUST list it in The TradeMart. (Thank you.)
AAAARRRRrrrrggggghhhhh I didn't even think of that in my example George of course your are correct

Funny how Buck hasn't even posted and he's on the hot seat with the moderator. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
ambooth

How do, ya'll?

Post by ambooth »

:D Hi, everybody! I haven't posted near as often as I want to. The problem is, I get so wrapped up in reading strings and learning all these new things about the 170 that I run out of time. All the sudden 2 hours has gone by! I just want to say that this is a really great forum and I have learned a lot so far from you all.
Chris and I finally got our TW endorsement this last weekend, so we are like a couple of kids in a candy store trying to figure out where we want to fly first!
Angela Anderson
N3234A
Albuquerque NM (AEG)
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

iowa wrote:i am very excited to see all the
project pictures.
this is something that i'd like to do someday.
when i finish my next wwii jeep
and then my 53' MG TD
then i'll find, say a cub to do.
dave
hey iowa I have a 55 TF1500. It's the only thing I've ever bought all done and I'm lovin' it.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: How do, ya'll?

ambooth wrote::D Hi, everybody! I haven't posted near as often as I want to. The problem is, I get so wrapped up in reading strings and learning all these new things about the 170 that I run out of time. All the sudden 2 hours has gone by! I just want to say that this is a really great forum and I have learned a lot so far from you all.
Chris and I finally got our TW endorsement this last weekend, so we are like a couple of kids in a candy store trying to figure out where we want to fly first!
Congratulations Chris and Angela on your endorsement.

Yes there is a lot of stuff here. As one who has read it all from the beginning I can't imagine starting fresh and trying to catch up. I'd say it's nearly impossible.

kog

Post by kog »

Just bought 3166A, a 1953 170B. Looking to upgrade it and repaint, upgrade avionics, etc. Advice accepted.
Thanks
Bruce Fenstermacher

Welcome Kyle

I see you did the first thing right after buying or perhaps before your purchase, joining the TIC170A.

There are about 40,000 posts here at the forum. If a quarter of them have something that interest you, you have a lot of reading to do.

Good luck and welcome.

GAHorn

Re: new member

Post by GAHorn »

kog wrote:Just bought 3166A, a 1953 170B. Looking to upgrade it and repaint, upgrade avionics, etc. Advice accepted.
Thanks
Welcome!
Go to "The Hangar" forum and look at the list of recommended mods.
http://www.cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1969
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
scsmith42

Post by scsmith42 »

Hi. Another Newby here - Scott Smith of New Hill, NC.

I just bought a "53 B model, N3134A. A pretty clean plane with lots of goodies; it was previously owned by Michael and John Luce of Maryland.

I'm a student pilot and this is my first airplane.
'53 170 B
N3134A
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Welcome to the club Scott. You picked a fine airplane to learn in, one of the best in my opinion. Hope you can find a good instructor to help you along and don't be shy about asking questions on the forum.

A 170 was my second airplane, a Taylorcraft was my first. I didn't know anything about Cessna taildraggers when I started flying but I got one as soon as I found out about them. Have been flying them ever since.

Good luck with your training,
Richard
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
2023 Best Original 170A at Sault Ste. Marie
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
MayflyPFG

Post by MayflyPFG »

I've been lurking for months. Thank you for the invitation to just say hello. I feel like the quiet kid sister who wants to hang out with the big kids. Just became the super proud owner of a 170 and am looking forward to seeing many of you at a future fly-in! Thanks for a very informative & entertaining forum!

Rose.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Welcome Rose. Love the avator. :D

Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

I'd echo Bruce's comment - neat avatar. And welcome.

Where you from, Rose? Update your profile if you would. That way you'll get bugged about any local (or distant!) flyins.....
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Kyle Wolfe wrote:I'd echo Bruce's comment - neat avatar. And welcome.

Where you from, Rose? Update your profile if you would. That way you'll get bugged about any local (or distant!) flyins.....
If you echo'd Bruce, Kyle, you'd have spelt it differ'ntly. :lol:
Tell us about your 170, Rose. (Start a new thread on it! Post a pic!)