Handheld GPS

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ryan602

Handheld GPS

Post by ryan602 »

Hey guys,

Just wondering what handheld GPS any of you use. I would like to get one but there are so many with many of the same features that I think personal experince would be best. I have a PDA and like the features of the Anywhere map software. Just want to know if any of you have used it.

Any info. appreciated,
Ryan
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Using a "Search" routine (click on icon at top of the page) and entering the words "handheld and gps" will display several message threads where this was discussed and the discussion can be continued there as well, such as:
http://cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... ht=196+gps
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

I have the Anywhere Map PDA/software and I think it's great! I've seen two other PDA based programs and the owners said they didn't care for them too much. AWM has a great product with 28 day updates and quite a few different forms of upgrades if you choose to do it. I only use the basic service, but if I choose to upgrade at a later date it's no big deal. If you want to, e-mail me and get more opinions/experiences - or you can call me (530-210-7305) if you want to talk about it. Either way, the AWM offers quite a lot of "bang for the buck".

Good Hunting,
Mike Smith
1950 C-170A
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Please re-join this conversation at the above mentioned link...so we can avoid so many message threads about the same topic. Thanks. (Locking this thread.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)