Aircraft Birthdays

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Harold Holiman

Aircraft Birthdays

Post by Harold Holiman »

Does George or anyone know if Cessna has records stating what date each serial number actually came off the assembly line? Mine is a 53 and since it is 50 this year I was wondering if there was any way to determine it's actual "birthday" production date.

Harold H
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

That would be interesting to know the month and hopefully the day! Both 1478D and myself were made in '51. :D
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

The original flight test was documented and logged and the original airworthiness certificate was issued following that flight. Both records are available from either Cessna or the FAA, via microfiche, in case you've lost your original logs. (FAA charges $2 for microfiche records, and it can be done on their website via credit card.)
wa4jr

Post by wa4jr »

Hey Harold...is your '53 going to get a chocolate cake or just a white cake? :roll:
John, 2734C in Summit Point, WV
billmccown

Post by billmccown »

gahorn wrote:The original flight test was documented and logged and the original airworthiness certificate was issued following that flight. Both records are available from either Cessna or the FAA, via microfiche, in case you've lost your original logs. (FAA charges $2 for microfiche records, and it can be done on their website via credit card.)
George you are behind the times. The FAA has quit making the microfiche
copies and is now in the CD business. They have also gone up to $5. for
this service. The CD's are of better quality and can be copied on your
printer very clearly.
Bill McCown
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

billmccown wrote:
gahorn wrote:The original flight test was documented and logged and the original airworthiness certificate was issued following that flight. Both records are available from either Cessna or the FAA, via microfiche, in case you've lost your original logs. (FAA charges $2 for microfiche records, and it can be done on their website via credit card.)
George you are behind the times. The FAA has quit making the microfiche
copies and is now in the CD business. They have also gone up to $5. for
this service. The CD's are of better quality and can be copied on your
printer very clearly.
Bill McCown
Well, I don't doubt I'm behind the times, but only 10 days ago I rec'd a fresh set of microfiche on my own airplane, charged it to my credit card on the FAA website, and it cost $2.