Petit Jean 2008 April 25 & 26

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

Re: Petit Jean 2008 April 25 & 26

Post by flyguy »

AR Dave wrote:Lodge / Cabins - Crawford, Bickford, Coats, Pulley, Helgeson, Wildharber, Massicot, Hanson, Renwick, Holiman, Stephenson, Hoffman, Peck, Huckins, Laseter, Wood, Bengston
Camping - Fogarty, Race, Lynn, Hart, Taylor, Collins, Peck, Etzold, Culbert, Barrett

Kyle, does Becky have to stay home also? :cry:

REESON FER THIS MESSYAGE IS ( I HAYT TO AMITT IT BUT) GA HORNS A COMIN TU. AN HESA ONLY BRINGIN HIS NUMMER TWO FEMALE A LONG. REASON NUMMER 1 CANT BE A COMIN ALONG IS THEY WOANT LET ANUMULS (SHE DOANT THINK SHE IS AN ANIMIAL) STAY IN THE LODGE ER CABINS. WE OFFER AN THEY ISA GONNA BUNK IN WITH DEENIE AN ME. IMMA GONNA TRY TU MAKE SURES WE LAN INNA DAYTIME FER ONEA THE RULES IN PJ AEROPORT IS ONLIE FOR DAYLITE HOURS.

HEY KYLE IFN U WOANT LET BECKY COME BY HERSELF - CUDJA JES SEN SUMA THAT RAYNEDEAR KEEBOOBS? :P JES KIDDIN WESA GONA MIST U TU.
Attachments
HEY DAD WHY CAN'T I GO?
HEY DAD WHY CAN'T I GO?
ROULLETTE.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 5892 times
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Gar have a bit of a situation! Traci had some surgery done and she isn't going to be ready for Petit Jean. We're gonna have to team up on the cooking this year! She says that she will cook most of the food at the house and we can grill the burgers & chicken on the mountain. We can handle it can't we? :roll:
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

FER SURE WE GONNA MISS HER SMILIN FACE AN ALL BUT WEAL HANNLE IT NO PROBLEM - - I WILL BE SURE TO PRAKTIS MA KOOKIN SKILLS. I ALREEDY GOTS MY WARDROBE REDDY.
Attachments
HARD HAT COOKIN
HARD HAT COOKIN
TURKEY.JPG (23.72 KiB) Viewed 5790 times
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Hey Guys-
Since this will be Ina's and my first time at P.J., can you tell us what the food situation typically is and what kind of food, etc we should bring? It looks like there will be enough cooking equipment but we want to pull our share of the load on bringing food. Is anyone coordinating what is brought by everyone or should we just bring what we plan to eat? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
2023 Best Original 170A at Sault Ste. Marie
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
edbooth

Post by edbooth »

AR Dave wrote:Well this is the Quitest Petit Jean Crowd Ever! 8) This will be the 5th Annual Petit Jean! Just about everyone, including Traci & I, know what to expect! It's gotten so automatic that I called the lodge to find out if anyone's coming! HELLO! :lol:

Crawford, Bickford, Coats, Pulley, Helgeson, Wildharber, Massicot, Hanson, Renwick, Fogarty, Holiman, Race, Lynn, Hart, Stephenson, Taylor, Hoffman, Collins, Peck, Huckins, Laseter, Wood, Etzold, Bengston, Taylor, Culbert

So I'm putting a head count together for Steve's Chowder and Traci's everything. Did someone make an announcement down in Tex this weekend? Had 3 Texans leave messages yesterday! BTW, Traci says we are also having Beef. We put up one of the best tasting steers I've ever eaten, last week.

My concern is that Petit Jean might be slipping under the radar of new folks, since we are so layed back about it.
Ed and Mary Booth will be coming and will be staying with the Coats. The 170 (3225A) is still broke so will be flying the RV-7 (about 3 hours from Aiken, SC).
We have been trying to get there for the last couple years, but weather has not cooperated.
Later, Ed & Mary
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Hey Gar - Becky's got you covered! She said the elk ramaki has been in the marinade for a couple of days. She says it's so soft even a guy like you with poor teeth will be able to eat it! Since we won't be there, she wrapped it up real tight in newspaper and sent it to you and Deana via USPS. I'm hoping it gets there before you leave - I'm figuring 10-12 days and you should have it. You think it will still be cool by then???? Course if it's not, it should be real soft and drippin' with juice! :wink:

All kidding aside, we'll just have to save up our offerrings for next year. You all have a great time!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

My wife and I just got home from Sun-N-Fun and she was asking what the bathroom situation was at the camp ground? She was not impressed with the port a johns at SNF.
t7275tr

Post by t7275tr »

Never fear, Petit Jean has a modern,clean shower house.
170C

Post by 170C »

Bill, PJ (camping ground) has a nice building with mens & womens restrooms. Each side has a lavatory (sink), comode enclosure & large shower. I don't think your wife will have any problem with those facilities.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Bill Hart wrote:My wife and I just got home from Sun-N-Fun and she was asking what the bathroom situation was at the camp ground? She was not impressed with the port a johns at SNF.
THARS SUM TINKS ITSA PURTY NEAT PRIVY BUT ITSA KINA DRAFTY WIT NO TOP. .BUT ITSA MUCHO BETTER THAN A PORTA-CAN! HUH?
Attachments
OUTHOUSE3.JPG
OUTHOUSE3.JPG (36.47 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Who would have thought that ol Gar would be the person to post the most pictures once the forum had the capability.

Who would have thought?
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

U BIN COUNTIN? LEASTWAYS I DIDNT PUT A BUNCH O SMILEYUS UP THE FIRS DAY! :lol: COURSE IFIDA NOWED HOW I MITA. I GOTS TO FIGGER HOW TU TAKE EM OFF AFTERS THEY IS PAST DUE :? AN NO GEORGE! I DOANT NEED HELP DOIN THAT.
S&G Lynn

Post by S&G Lynn »

Just trying this picture thing out. Maybe this will come through. This is what it looks like on the west overlook at Petit Jean. See ya there.
Attachments
Petit Jean 2006 096.jpg
Petit Jean 2006 096.jpg (250.38 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

OK made it back from Alaska finally - delayed planes all the way!

Bill she'll be most impressed with the bathrooms. There are some pictures on my website - Under Details.
I was at the Russellville Airport this morning and found out that there are a couple of families camping up there now. They parked their 206 and drove back up with some local friends. As soon as the weather is right, I'm going to go check the situation. See what needs to be done to get ready!

Gar got your message, now I'm looking for your number! Not in my call Id.

The Russellville Manager told me he is going to give us a discount on gas! Our airport needs the help. We've gone through some major changes and am trying to keep a float. So we're working on how much discount!

I was told that Mt Magazine Lodge is Gorgeous and we need to check it out. I intend to drive over there this week and look at it, maybe work something out where the fly-in early birds could fly over for lunch on friday or something.

What else? Steve have you started flying yet? :lol:
I'm not going to look at the forcast until about Sunday!!!!!

Girls bathroom -
ron74887

Post by ron74887 »

AR Dave--What the hell are you doing in the ladies restroom :evil: :evil: :evil: Peeping toms everywhere!! :D :D Hansen and Gay Horn made me do it.
President 86-88
53 C170-B N74887, people choice 2003, Best original B 2007
46 7BCM champ N2843E Rebuilding stage
Cajun Connection way down south, most of you are yankees to me!