George, I can't log on at home. (Login/Forum Difficulties)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

n3833v

login problems

Post by n3833v »

I am having trouble the last 2 days that when I log in, none of the recent posts are hi-lighted. I have to hunt through the messages.
What might be my problem. Is it my computer or my login.
John-n3833v
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

It is not your computer. The site was hacked a few days ago and they are still working thru the after affects. I have to log in twice to be logged in. Give em a few more days.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Same here. I sent Dale a PM on the subject, but said no one else had reported the problem. Maybe you folks could send him a PM and let him know that several of us are having the same problem.
Doug
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Because the forum got hacked a few days ago, I've elected to upgrade the Forum software. Several changes had been made to improve its 'security' (ie, make it harder to hack).

I've verified that everything works fine on my Windows computers (I'll try it on the Macintosh later) running ME and XP operating systems and using IE 5 and Netscape 4.7 and 6.0 browsers.

When you report a problem to me, its helpful if you tell me your operating system, browser, and ISP. Also, if you have found a 'workaround' that works, thats also helpful.

I'm sorry some people are experiencing problems, but I'm reluctant to go back to the old software and increase the risk of getting hacked again. I'll keep working on solving the problem.
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Thanks Dale :D
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Just noticed 2 messeges in the hanger say they where posted at 2:00am Feb 8th. It's only 10:00pm est Feb 7th as post this message. Someones clock is off :?

I also need to log in twice.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Bruce Fenstermacher

OK, I just rechecked those posts that where not time stamped right and they've changed or maybe they never where wrong 8O
Maybe cause I was only logged in once which means of course that I was not really logged in since that now requires logging in twice 8)
Got to love computers.

doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

I think the default time stamps are UTC. Once you log in (twice) your time zone from your profile takes over and displays them correctly.
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

If that's how the time works thats really cool. Buy the way My Mac at home with Explorer 5.2 has no problem logging in automatically.