Anyone tinkering with HHO Fuel?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Anyone tinkering with HHO Fuel?

Post by GAHorn »

From an old tractor website I sometimes visit, another old codger (older'n Ol" Gar) posted:

"Maybe we could do it by making a stainless steel container that you could feed aluminum foil into a mixture of lye and water like the old acetylene generators did a hundred years ago???? They dropped carbide pellets into water when the acetylent gas got low by a pressure controlled bellows type trigger. Sometimes they could stick and dump too much carbide in and if the relief valve was rusted shut you could have an explosion that the Chinese would be proud of.
My greand daddy had one out in the back yard of his house out in the country before electricity to make gas for lighting in the house and he would warn my brother and me not to go near it because it might blow up and kill us. I had nightmares about thing for years! Never did blow."
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

gahorn wrote:From an old tractor website I sometimes visit, another old codger (older'n Ol" Gar) posted:

"Maybe we could do it by making a stainless steel container that you could feed aluminum foil into a mixture of lye and water like the old acetylene generators did a hundred years ago???? They dropped carbide pellets into water when the acetylent gas got low by a pressure controlled bellows type trigger. Sometimes they could stick and dump too much carbide in and if the relief valve was rusted shut you could have an explosion that the Chinese would be proud of.
My greand daddy had one out in the back yard of his house out in the country before electricity to make gas for lighting in the house and he would warn my brother and me not to go near it because it might blow up and kill us. I had nightmares about thing for years! Never did blow."
RE: FEEDIN IT ALUNYUM - - I SPECT, SKINNY AS THU LUNYUM IS ON BEER CANS WE CUD GRIN EM UP AN USE EM FER THAT COMPYONENT. I CUD VOLYNTEER TO DRINK ALLA BEER IFN SUMBODIED BUY IT AN CUM GIT THE EMPTY CANS - - :mrgreen: -

SPIK BOUT CARBIDE GENERATERS - - WHEN I WAS A KID,IN MAYER ARIZONA, A FRIEND OF MY DADS HAD A BIG OLD ACETYLENE GENERATOR IN THE CORNER OF HIS WELDING SHOP . THE THING PLUGGED UP OR WAS MISHANDLED SOME WAY. IT BLEW UP AND WHITEWASHED EVERYTHING INSIDE THE BUILDING! STUNK UP THE PLACE TOO..........
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
sloPoke

Post by sloPoke »

When you do a web search for it you get about 100 threads saying how great it is and trying to sell you a system for every response that says that it's a physical impossibility. Amazing mass marketing. Reminds me a little of the "free electricity guy" that sold a generator that made five times more electricity than it took to power it with an electric motor. Apparently he had quite a following too.

I side with the ones that say it can't work. Laws of physics and all that. Here's what pop. mech.s says -

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automot ... ?series=19

YMMV
Charlie
cessnaford

Post by cessnaford »

hey guys, off subject but my ol' man and i have both been tinkering with hho for our pickups. i was wondering if you could list the business name and phone number for the guy in mt ida. i would like to speak with someone who can actually back the kit he has and doesn't sell it for a few grand. if not well we will keep tinkering ourselves. thanks
bill w.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Ol' Gar is selling stock in his side-business re-charging lightning-rods on bldgs, if anyone is interested. It saves a lot of money for owners because it re-polarizes the existing system differentiating it from the power company's ground-grid. (No oil speculators allowed. He doesn't want them to drive the price up beyond the reach of the average guy.)
Half of all profits go to a worthy cause. 8)

Here's a pic of him during the R & D phase:
Hanson Electric.jpg
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

There's some very smart people presenting some impressive intellectual information about why or why not.
Unfortunately I'm not much to understand the why's, so for me it's better just to plug it in and check the MPG at the next gas station. If the neighbor's truck or the one Del try's out, increases their gas mileage by 4 or 5 gals, I want one. Checking mpg is easy! You either get farther down the road on the same amount of gas, or you don't.
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

I was given this contact info for "the guy in Mt. Ida".
TLC Enterprises
Terry Norris
140 S West Street
Mt. Ida, Arkansas
870-490-0404
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Amazing! When you realize how stupid the automobile manufacturers must be, since they spend millions trying to raise the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) up by one or two MPG, when it could be done so simply just using water!
BL
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

When you realize how stupid the automobile manufacturers must be, since they spend millions trying to raise the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) up by one or two MPG,
Are you sure they do that?
My 1986 Honda CRX got 60-65 mpg. In 1995, I went to get a new one and found that they had cut the fuel mileage to 28 mpg. I'll bet you have an answer for this - big bad oil companies? :P
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

AR Dave wrote:
When you realize how stupid the automobile manufacturers must be, since they spend millions trying to raise the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) up by one or two MPG,
Are you sure they do that?
My 1986 Honda CRX got 60-65 mpg. In 1995, I went to get a new one and found that they had cut the fuel mileage to 28 mpg. I'll bet you have an answer for this - big bad oil companies? :P
Because they are not the same cars, they just have similar model names.

According to a google search:
"Well, a 1987 Civic HF was about as low tech as you can get. Indeed, the car weighed only 1800 lbs and came with a diminutive 58 hp motor. In contrast, today's base Civic weighs 2600 lbs and has 140 hp. The Civic HF also didn't have airbags, power steering, power brakes, high-strength steel door beams and a myriad of other features that would add weight to the car. And while crash tests on the car are not available, even a Honda representative admitted that the Civic HF wouldn't meet modern safety standards."
Haydon

Post by Haydon »

Howdy,

Blueldr got it right....I can see George helping OlGar hookup the relief tube to the mason jar under the cowl.....the rest of you are just trying to "run up" the price of water.... :roll: :lol:

Richard.......
Richard Haydon
'49 170A
Ducote Airpark TS65
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

Haydon wrote:Blueldr got it right....I can see George helping OlGar hookup the relief tube to the mason jar under the cowl....
Slick idea! No need to add an electrolyte! :lol: :lol: :lol:
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Haydon wrote:Howdy,

Blueldr got it right....I can see George helping OlGar hookup the relief tube to the mason jar under the cowl.....the rest of you are just trying to "run up" the price of water.... :roll: :lol:

Richard.......
HAY, HOWDY U 2 - -

I WUZA DIG IN THE PILE A WHIAL BAK AN FOUN BUNCHES OF REEL GENUYINE "KERR/MASON" JARS. IMA GONNA START SELLIN EM FER THIS VENTURI CAUSE I THINK OLE MAYIONYSE JARS MITE BE TOO FRAGIYIL. CUZ WHEN I PIT SUM HOMERBREW THEY BLU UP.

ALSO I GOTS LOTS OF USED OXIYGIN MASKSES WITH TUBES ON EM STILL HOOK UPD.

NOW WHERSE THEM BEER CANS I GROUN UP? ~@~@~

Here is a web site for the advertisers of this "? SNAKE OIL ? " http://www.drivewithwaterfuel.com/?hop=jfccorp

"Bluelder" didn't you have a supplier of smake oil? :lol:
Last edited by flyguy on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Just a thought ....some where on this thread someone mentioned that an altinater can only produce a certin amount of current.....yet a friend of mine had a HI Frequency adapter that could turn a 95 amp alt. into an AC welder, enabeling him to weld 1/8 rod into 1/2 steel with full penitration..... seems to me you might be able to get a litle more out of an alt. with freek. stiblitation.....also why not a 500 amp alt. its just that 95 or 100 is more than needed for a car with what is needed to power all elect. for todays cars.