Looking for a CFI in Alaska

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

akcoder

Looking for a CFI in Alaska

Post by akcoder »

First off, I apologize if I'm not posting in the right section, I'm new to this site.

I'm about to buy a 170A, and figured if I'm going to buy a plane, I should know how to fly it :) I've done a bit of searching for CFI's in my area (Birchwood, AK) and came up with 5. Only three have responded to me, of those, 2 aren't taking new students. I'd like to interview 3-5 CFI's before I pick one. I've expanded my search to Palmer, AK and found a few more and I'm still waiting for a response from them.

So with all that being said, are there any CFI's on this board living in or around the Anchorage, Chugiak, Palmer area who are taking on new students? Or does someone have a CFI they can recommend?

Thank you for all your help!

-dan
AKGrouch

Re: Looking for a CFI in Alaska

Post by AKGrouch »

Dan, I live in Anchorage and highly recommend a local CFI named Dean Paulsen. Give me a call tomorrow evening (Thurs) after 7:00 p.m. at 345-7607 and I'll give you the particulars, including my personal experience with him over the years and why I recommend him. His heavy emphasis is in owner tailwheel birds. He also teaches floats and some aerobatics.

BTW, your 170A wouldn't be currently at Merrill and just completed would it. My IA has been finishing one up. It is an early year of manufacture I think.

pat
1966 C182J
1960 C172A Tail Wheel