Sun-n-Fun Fly-in

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

russfarris

Sun-n-Fun Fly-in

Post by russfarris »

It's that time of year again for us East Coasters - The EAA Sun-n-Fun fly-in in Lakeland, Florida April 2 through 8, second only to Oshkosh in size.

My plans to attend last year were rudely interrupted by my illustrious employer, who cancelled my vacation for 767 training. So I'm raring to go this year!

Shayla and I plan on arriving the afternoon on April 1. That's a day before the official start, but the antique/classic parking area is usually full if you don't get there early. Look for a polished aluminum and red 52 170B, tail number N8143A. We'll be staying at the Davis Brothers motel in Bartow.

Anyone else going? It would be great to meet some of you guys... Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...
russfarris

Post by russfarris »

Four days and no replies, isn't anyone going to Lakeland??? Oh, well, hope to see some of you guys there! I'm entering the Continously Maintained class. As you might guess, it's for airplanes that have never undergone a ground-up restoration. Been polishing the aluminum on the entire machine, for the first time in three years. I'll be in the Vintage/Antique classic parking area...Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

I was going to for a couple days but I got my schedule Friday and will be working the first 7 days of April. :(
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Russ, I plan to be there April 2 or 3, probably only for the day. I'll be flying my 170B N4490B. Where will you be ?
Rudy
russfarris

Post by russfarris »

Hi Rudy...I'll be in the vintage/antique/classic camping and judging area, if you know where that is. It's near the ultra-light area/runway, basically.
We'll arrive April 1 and depart on the 4th. Maybe we can trade cell phone numbers to make it easier to hook up. Russ
All glory is fleeting...
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Russ, outstanding ! I'll look for you April 2 or 3.
Rudy
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

I hope to get there Wednesday. I will be flying 1256D and parking in vintage camping area. I hope to find a good spot near the tree line close to the bath house. I was wondering what day most of the crowd would be arriving. Look for me in a maroon and gold 170.
Curtis
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

I plan to arrive on April 2 or 3 (or possibly later) for one day only. I'll be flying N4490B a white & red 170B and parking at the General Aviation line.
I'll visit the Vintage line- Hope to see y'all
Rudy
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

The Cessna 170 Forums are scheduled for 11am-1pm on Wednesday, 4/2. Dale Faux will be the MC.
Steve Jank

Sun-n-Fun

Post by Steve Jank »

See you at the Museum or at the "type tent."

Steve Jank N6303D
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I called AUA (the outfit who offers insurance discounts to EAA-Vintage members) today,to find out why I hadn't heard back from them in over a week about the quote I requested. I was told that the gal I had talked to,Pam,was away at Sun & Fun. My information was on her desk,but no quote was ever prepared. Since my current policy with AIG (who advertises in the 170 News!) expires in a week,and I need to get this done, I'm just renewing with them. They had a better price than anyone else who DID give me a quote.
So if anyone talks to this Pam from AUA at Sun & Fun, please give her the same message I gave her office: since my business doesn't seem to be very important to them (or they have the world's worst service!), I am insuring with AIG again, and will advise everyone I know to do the same.
We should all refuse to tolerate crummy service,then those outfits will either improve or disappear.

Eric