Fond fairwell to Bob Watters

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

webmaster
Site Admin

Fond fairwell to Bob Watters

Post by webmaster »

Bob Watters, a long-time TIC170A member and friend from Dwight, IL, passed away last night after a prolonged illness.

Our sincere condolences go out to his family and many friends.
Brad Brady

Re: Fond fairwell to Bob Watters

Post by Brad Brady »

Many people on this web sight wouldn't know Bob.....I've known him all my life.....Bob and Carol Coats came up from Missouri to spend Bobs last days with him.(They are true friends). You have to know Bob to realy appreciate the man...At 15 he joined the Merchant marines.....(probably to get out of Dwight) and stayed in the quasi military until discharge. He raised with the help of his wonderful wife, Marilyn, two great kids...Linda and Bob JR. He tried to become the worlds longest running student pilot, But Dad and his brother, Jim put a stop to that.....He actually got his Pilots licence!!!After owning more than five aircraft!!!! Bob used to give me crap about being to picky on what I was seeing on his aircraft. I just said that I was just trying to keep him alive longer.....Unfortunately I'm not God...I couldn't keep him with us.....I'll miss him....Brad
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Fond fairwell to Bob Watters

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Don't know if I ever meet Bob. If he's been to one of the last 6 conventions I bet I have but don't remember the name but maybe I'd remember a face. Sure would be great at times like this if the association had a picture directory but I know that is a whole lot of work and another can of worms.

Anyway it sure sounds like Bob was a great guy and will be missed.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com