Ole Gar been out flyin' dusters again?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Ole Gar been out flyin' dusters again?

Post by GAHorn »

We normally try to keep thangs quiet about our member Ole Gar over there in Looeasyanna...., but I think the cat's outta tha bag now that AvWeb has posted the following:
"Short Final...
While flying between Ft Worth TX and Baton Rouge, LA I had to make a fuel stop as the Yak has only a 31 gallon tank to keep wayward Russian trainees close to home. I chose Many,La for a quick turn around and then on to BTR. After landing in Many, I taxied up to the pump, jumped out and streched my legs. While enjoying the small airport environment on this beautiful day, the silence was broken by the sound of 3 turbine Air Tractors coming in at low level and landing. They taxied smartly up to the parking area close to the fuel pumps and spun around into their parking spots and shut down their engines. All three pilots jumped down from their Air Tractors and started walking toward me. One of the pilots yelled out "Do you speak English?" in his thick... accent. All could think to say was, "Nhyet."
:roll:
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Good one, George !
Rudy
flyguy

MAYDAY MAYDAY

Post by flyguy »

BORRIED ME ONE U THEM AIRE TRAKTERS AN BRUNG IT OVER HEAR TO PLOW MY GARDEN AN GOT THU BLAME THANG STUK! I HAD TU GIT THAT THERE GUY IN THU YAK TU PULL IT OUT FER ME. THEM YAKS IS USED TU DRIVIN ROUN IN THU DIRT. THAT PILOT GUY THO HE WUZ HAVIN PROBLEMS TOO. HE CUDNINT SPEEK RUSHIN AND ALL THE GAGES IN HIS PLANE WUS WRIT THAT WAY. MAYBE THATS WHY HE SPENT LOTS OF TIME ON THE HIWAYS INSTEAD OF THE AIRWAYS OR MAYBE LOOKIN FOR CHEEP GAS!