Flying

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Cessna_pilot

Flying

Post by Cessna_pilot »

Hey guys, im new here and i have a question for you guys, do you know of anyone who would give dual or let my father fly with them, a 170 or 180? he is looking at buying a 170, but wants to fly something similar before that.

We are in new england, based out of KLWM

thanks guys
Tom
KG

Re: Flying

Post by KG »

Bumping this to the top....

Can anybody help Tom out? I steered him here from another aviation related website hoping someone in his area could offer to meet him over a cup-o-coffee or something....
53 170B
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

You might want to PM SteveF. He's based at Spencer Airport (60M), and would be a GREAT ambassador for a newcomer.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
SteveF

Post by SteveF »

Miles, KG, and Cessna_pilot,
I would love to give your father a ride in a 52B that I was in the process of selling when it developed a small leak in the
oil sump. I have taken the plane to Fitchburg KFIT to Unlimited Aero Engines. They are the people who did most of the
work on the Red Bull Racing engines. The sump is being sent to Canada for the epoxy treatment per the suggestions on
the 170 forums. These forums are just a wealth of great information.

This is to be completed and back in the air at the end of May. If you have not satisfied your curiosity by then I would
be more than willing to do some unofficial formalization flying with you out of LWM. Send me a Private message with
your email or phone number and I will give your father a call and set something up or answer any questions about 170's
in general or the benefits of the 170 association.
SteveF
Fearless Tower

Post by Fearless Tower »

It is a little further south from you, but if you can get there, you might try Jonathan Govednik down in EWB.

He offers dual in a '48 170 - http://atlanticairllc.com/aircraft.htm

Contact info is on the website.

You can also get some of the cheapest SNJ/T-6 time/instruction you will find.
Andrew Hochhaus
N3996V - 1948 170
15A

Post by 15A »

I'm south of you in KTAN. I don't have a 170 :oops: , but I have something very close :D .
We fly every Sunday morning, and sometimes up your way. I'm sure we could work something out!
Joe Craig
'56 C172 Taildragger N6915A
'46 Aeronca Champ N65HM