Help! Front Seat Needed!

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

PilotMikeTX

Help! Front Seat Needed!

Post by PilotMikeTX »

Due to a short between the helmet and the stick, I am in immediate need of a round-backed front seat (locking pin on the left side--not sure if they're all that way or not).

The nice folks at Dawson have a square backed seat from an early Chickenhawk, but I would need to buy two to have a matched set. So if anyone knows where I could acquire one round backed seat, I'd appreciate it.

And if you needed to know, it's a good idea to put the tailgate up on your truck when you go to lunch if you have expensive airplane parts in the bed. :oops:
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Help! Front Seat Needed!

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

PilotMikeTX wrote:And if you needed to know, it's a good idea to put the tailgate up on your truck when you go to lunch if you have expensive airplane parts in the bed.
Ouuuuch :oops: :(

So it's not repairable? Or worse maybe you don't know were it is to repair it.

If one owns a pickup, it is only a matter of time till something is missing out of the back of it. Thank goodness the Christmas tree I lost once was on the way to recycling rather than home for the holidays. Worse thing usually is someone, no doubt, told you you would loss it and you said no way. :oops:

Wish I could help with another seat. What ever you do those seats out of a Chicken Hawk are not only square on the top but in the front and they don't allow the seat to slide forward far enough to get them on and off the seat track in the front. Many have used them and are happy with them however. If I had to go the Chicken Hawk route, I might look at the frame towards modifying it for a round top and front.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
runerider

Post by runerider »

Try Kevin Mayes 606 434 4065 he parts out 170s. I have used him a couple of times.
shotgun34 L-19 #884 70-71 Chi Lang
ron74887

Post by ron74887 »

pilotMiketx, give me a call sunday night I'm in the directory. I have both front seats removed when I swapped my for 172 type. still round top and bottom. I'm sure they will need new foam and cover. Ron Massicot
President 86-88
53 C170-B N74887, people choice 2003, Best original B 2007
46 7BCM champ N2843E Rebuilding stage
Cajun Connection way down south, most of you are yankees to me!