belt buckle

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ghostflyer

belt buckle

Post by ghostflyer »

I have just been given a belt buckle with the Cessna 170 Association logo molded into it. I think it is made of bronze. Its brand new still in paper. I notice its not for sale in the Associations Shop. So my question is , Who made it and when were they made and for how much? Oh!! It is NOT for sale. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bramlett

Re: belt buckle

Post by Bramlett »

$30.00 USD

http://cessna170.org/merchandise.html

Not sure the manufacturer.

I like mine though!
Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

ghostflyer wrote:I have just been given a belt buckle with the Cessna 170 Association logo molded into it. I think it is made of bronze. Its brand new still in paper. I notice its not for sale in the Associations Shop. So my question is , Who made it and when were they made and for how much? Oh!! It is NOT for sale. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It it actually the OFFICIAL LOGO? such as is displayed on these forum pages? (not simply a depiction of a 170?)

Check the backside of the buckle for the artist/foundry, and tell us who/where/what it says.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
edbooth

Post by edbooth »

There were two belt buckles that had the assoc logo on them, one was an oval bright brass one (which I have on right now) and the other was a round dull bronze one (in my drawer). Both had the logo with the N1969W 170 on them. I bought these back in the early 80's. If memory serves me right, I think the oval one was offered by a member out in California. Believe his name was Hal Stephens ??? And I don't remember who offered the other one. I think the small round one was more popular because some of the proceeds were donated to the assoc. The oval bright brass one was the better looking of the two. I think the same guy also offered 170 "T" shirts with the logo on them back during the Milwaukee convention. They were excellent quality t's I still have mine. But again they were unpopular because none of the funds came back to the assoc. At the time, I was a relatively new member and uneducated. Also have two other buckles with 170's. One offered in various catalogs back in the 70's and another offered by the Alaska Safety foundation that I got from past president Dan Urbach when in Alaska. And thats about all I know about the buckles.

Ed Booth, Trenton, SC
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver
bsdunek

Post by bsdunek »

I have a round cast bronze one I purchased at the 1985 convention in Blakesburg, IA. I don't remember what it cost at that time. Still wear it a lot. That was the first convention I attended and it reminds me of all the good times and fellowship I experienced. Anybody remember the field trip to the moustrap factory?
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C
170C

Post by 170C »

I have one of the round, brass buckles like Ed mentioned. I bought it shortly after joining the association in 1988. It's 2 1/4" in diameter and is good looking. I don't recall what I paid for it or where it came from, but I imagine from the 170 assn. Mine has nothing on the back to indicate who mfg'd it. I don't wear mine a lot as you have to be really careful when wearing it not to scratch a plane or car you might be looking into.
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Since the Assoc'n logo is copyrighted, it would be illegal for it to be reproduced without TIC170A permission. I was curious if TIC170A had ever done-so...and if it could be re-permitted....
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
jlwild

Post by jlwild »

While talking to the Jan, the 170 Assoc. Exec. Secretary, she mentioned you can 170 buy belt buck from the association. There are some still in stock. Drop her an email message, or better yet look them up in the Association Store where they are listed for $38,00 plus postage.
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Jim...those listed in the "store" are NOT buckles with the official "logo".... They are generic 170 representations.
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

After close inspection ,the top side of the buckle has the Cessna 170 Assoc. logo on it and on the under side it has a series of circles within each other and the outer circle stating "solid bronze" and the inner circle has the letter C in the center of it. :D